What Cooler should I use?

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hey all, I'm about to make my first build ever, (wish me luck but its not that hard apparently XD) so thanks to the wonderful Tom's Hardware community I'm looking for a lot of advice and you guys have give it me, so I'm back again wanting more advice. I'm unsure which motherboard and Ram to get for this build, plus the cooler so here I am. The parts to my new build are as follows:

Case: Silverstone SST-FT02B-W
CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU
PSU: Corsair HX1050 Professional Series HX 1050W
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan

And I'm planning on streaming so:

Avermedia Live Gamer Hd C985 - Video Input Adapter - Pci Express.

These are the parts I'm getting I don't want to change these unless its the case. This rig will be mainly be used for gaming, and in the future I plan to overclock it when it starts to struggle at games if it ever does. I never plan on going SLi with the Titan and I'm going to be gaming one 1 monitor at 1600p.

If there is anything else you need to know just ask! Thanks for your help!

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Thanks! Someone suggested the H100i to me which I might consider instead it being a water cooler and only £20 more! Thanks anyways!

jesh4622

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Think about it this way. The Noctua linked will cool just as well as the H100i, it will never leak, it has no pump to make noise or eventually fail.
If you have the room in your case, the Noctua IS the better choice.
If you're short on room and can't fit in a high performance air cooler, that's where the closed-loop water systems come in. It's a niche role.
Keep in mind the H100i is also much louder than the Noctua.
Yes, you can replace the fans on the H100i, but then that's even more added cost on top.

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

well after some convincing someone told me to get 2 680's so i'm not sure if i have enough space or not :p secondly I'm always wearing headphones so noise isn't an issue :p but you make a good point

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Hey thanks! :D