Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Full towers

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
March 1, 2013 8:52:37 PM

Hey guys
is it worth getting a full tower gaming case?
is the cooling system any better? what if I decide to purchase a second graphics card to run in SLI?
thanks
Sam

More about : full towers

March 1, 2013 9:45:21 PM

Full tower case is only worth it if you totally need the space.
I have one, and it's only needed due to Massive custom watercooling setup
otherwise i would have used a smaller tower is i was air cooling my PC

It's all about what you need/want and how you want to set it up

Asking weather cooling is better between case sizes is no good, as cooling is different between each case in general even in the same size
Score

Best solution

a c 157 ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 9:46:11 PM

If the main concern is for cooling, no. Most well designed mid towers are more than adequate for cooling with the proper components. Full towers are best for those that need the extra room for more components; i.e. drives. The mid tower case in my sig has never had a heat issue with 2 GTX 570s. I have a 200mm front, 140mm side, and 120mm rear fans with filtered/vented top.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 1, 2013 11:48:45 PM

Best answer selected by samuelcaie.
Score
Anonymous
March 1, 2013 11:50:43 PM

clutchc said:
If the main concern is for cooling, no. Most well designed mid towers are more than adequate for cooling with the proper components. Full towers are best for those that need the extra room for more components; i.e. drives. The mid tower case in my sig has never had a heat issue with 2 GTX 570s. I have a 200mm front, 140mm side, and 120mm rear fans with filtered/vented top.

hey thanks
I think maybe I'll just go with the mid tower then!
Hey by any chance do you play Battlefield 3? Just asking, because that's my most demanding game I own, and that's why I'm upgrading to a new desktop pc. I really like your setup! It's almost identical to what I have been looking at!
Score
a c 157 ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 12:00:49 AM

Anonymous said:
hey thanks
I think maybe I'll just go with the mid tower then!
Hey by any chance do you play Battlefield 3? Just asking, because that's my most demanding game I own, and that's why I'm upgrading to a new desktop pc. I really like your setup! It's almost identical to what I have been looking at!

I have BF3 and have played it a bit. But 'playing tag w/guns' has never interested me. Not that I fault anyone else for enjoying it, though.
Score
!