viruswarning on gamespot

Hi!

When connecting to the gamespot Battlefield 2 download site - my virus
scanner goes berserk and reports malware in the script the site is
trying to run. Anyone else experienced this?

Thought I'd share with the group in case people don't have (up-to-date)
virus scanners.

http://www.cdb.demon.nl/stuff/gamespot_virus_warning.jpg

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!

If I remember correctly, Gamespot is associated with Gamespy, is this not
correct? If so, it's understandable since the Gamespy software is full of
malware/spyware. That's why I use ASE to look for servers.

On 13-6-2005 20:38, Chris de Bruin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When connecting to the gamespot Battlefield 2 download site - my virus
> scanner goes berserk and reports malware in the script the site is
> trying to run. Anyone else experienced this?
>
> Thought I'd share with the group in case people don't have (up-to-date)
> virus scanners.
>
> http://www.cdb.demon.nl/stuff/gamespot_virus_warning.jpg

It's also when connecting to the review site! :(

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!

Malcolm

Chris de Bruin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When connecting to the gamespot Battlefield 2 download site - my virus
> scanner goes berserk and reports malware in the script the site is
> trying to run. Anyone else experienced this?
>
> Thought I'd share with the group in case people don't have (up-to-date)
> virus scanners.
>
> http://www.cdb.demon.nl/stuff/gamespot_virus_warning.jpg

the BF2 demo and the BF2 game itself has masses of info gathering on the
players gameplay, one way a Games company can see what people like
doing, and tailoring future games and patches to people tastes.

On 14-6-2005 0:22, Andy in NJ wrote:
> If I remember correctly, Gamespot is associated with Gamespy, is this not
> correct? If so, it's understandable since the Gamespy software is full of
> malware/spyware. That's why I use ASE to look for servers.
>
> "Chris de Bruin" <news@cdb.demon.nl-nospam> wrote in message
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>When connecting to the gamespot Battlefield 2 download site - my virus
>>scanner goes berserk and reports malware in the script the site is trying
>>to run. Anyone else experienced this?
>>
>>Thought I'd share with the group in case people don't have (up-to-date)
>>virus scanners.
>>
>>http://www.cdb.demon.nl/stuff/gamespot_virus_warning.jpg
>>
>>--
>>Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!

Gamespot isn't associated with Gamespy is it? I thought is was part of
the CNet network.

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun!