Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I..

Last response: in Networking
Share
January 16, 2005 12:32:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless
and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.
February 2, 2005 1:44:47 AM

Me wrote:
> Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless
> and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.

Hmm. Open the manual for the router you want to use to extend the reach
of your other one. See whether it contains a section on "bridging mode"
- if it does, you may be in business. If not, you're looking at laying
cable.

Actually, in my experience, laying cable is usually a better bet.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 10:24:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Dear Me,

What you're looking for is called a Wireless Repeater or a Wireless
Range Extender.

If you already have a second router, you can do what Jonathan said and
check if it can be used as a bridge.

The device I was talking about was designed specificaly for your needs,
so setup should be a breeze.

Another way to go would be to get a bigger/better antenna. If your
router has a detachable antenna, it's something worth looking into.

Hope this helps,

Noam Nelke, Israel.
!