Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless
and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.
2 answers Last reply
More about guys gals hook routers explain
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    Me wrote:
    > Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless
    > and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.

    Hmm. Open the manual for the router you want to use to extend the reach
    of your other one. See whether it contains a section on "bridging mode"
    - if it does, you may be in business. If not, you're looking at laying
    cable.

    Actually, in my experience, laying cable is usually a better bet.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    Dear Me,

    What you're looking for is called a Wireless Repeater or a Wireless
    Range Extender.

    If you already have a second router, you can do what Jonathan said and
    check if it can be used as a bridge.

    The device I was talking about was designed specificaly for your needs,
    so setup should be a breeze.

    Another way to go would be to get a bigger/better antenna. If your
    router has a detachable antenna, it's something worth looking into.

    Hope this helps,

    Noam Nelke, Israel.

Routers Networking Connectivity