Dell XPS 420 HD 5770 proformance issues

Hello
I have a XPS 420 with a HD 5770 XFX overclocked to 900Mhz Core and 1400Mhz Mem, reaches temps of 86c MAX at 80% fan speed with little game improvement,I have a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz (unable to overclock CPU due to BIOS being locked at factory) 7GB Ram 64-bit Win 7 having proformance issues even with black ops multiplayer sad to admit do not know how to configure the ATI CCC for best proformance
1:is there any configuration i can use to boost CCC
2:is there a way to unlock the BIOS on a XPS 420
3:if answer to number 2 is no is there another way to overclock CPU
4 answers Last reply
More about dell 5770 proformance issues
  1. out of interest at what resolution are you gaming at? The HD5770 is enough to max out most games at resolutions like 1440 x 900, but if you are gaming at HD resolutions I would expect black ops to have a low frame rate. Is it only this game that you are having problems with or is it all games?

Adam
  2. adam_x_brookes said:
    out of interest at what resolution are you gaming at? The HD5770 is enough to max out most games at resolutions like 1440 x 900, but if you are gaming at HD resolutions I would expect black ops to have a low frame rate. Is it only this game that you are having problems with or is it all games?

Adam

Yea i just gave up and bought a alienware X51
  3. Better would have build your own.

Anyway, enjoy the Alien. :)
  4. hello all i just bought a alienware X51 3.4Ghz 16gb ram gefore GTX 660 card was wondering if anyone can give me tips on how to configure/proformace limits im having a few screen tearing issues in games like L.A noire and assassin's creed revelations and yea im running things at max but c'mon the x51 should be able to cope
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Dell Studio Xps HD Graphics