Aug 23, 2012
I run 4 monitors and I game. I would really like a video card with 4 HDMI outputs for this reason. (The instability of DVI is getting pretty annoying) Does any such animal exist?

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Nope.

About the only thing to look for is a card with 4x Mini Display ports. Until recently i was using 2x Radeon 5870's which each had 6x mini display ports. these were quite hard to come by and its the only game playing video card i know of that has that many connections.

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
What do you mean "The instability of dvi"? DVI is bit-exact to hdmi and if you need a dvi male to hdmi male cord they are very cheap on amazon. If you want anything else like displayport to hdmi they make those too, all the modern digital video formats are interchangeable.
http://www.amazon.com/Link-Depot-Male-DVI-D-Cable/dp/B000ILDS0K
I'm pretty sure the gtx 670 can do 3 monitor gaming with an "accessory display" as well as the radeon series cards.

Aug 23, 2012
By instability of DVI I mean how easy it is for the cables to fall out (not an issue with HDMI, or at least as much of one.). And since my machine gets moved a lot (home to work and back for special occasions) screwing in the 8 screws while bending down to the machines storage location under the custom designed bench is a bit of a pain. Sorry for the confusion.

Not to mention that HDMI cables are a lot easier to route through specialized mounting holes than a series of DVI cables.