How to connect graphic card with display port to monitor?

abhi_reapar

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
guys,im newcomer to gaming,moreover i love playing games so m trying to get a graphic card bt modern ddr5 gfx card doesnot have a display port for monitor so how can i connect a gfx card without display port to monitor?i play games in offline mode and prefer single display.it would be great if u can help me figure it out.........

Wolfshadw

Titan
What monitor do you have? I don't think I've come across a monitor that only had a single DisplayPort connection. If your monitor has VGA, DVI, or HDMI connections, use those. There is no requirement to use a DisplayPort connection.

-Wolf sends

mace200200

Honorable

Just look in the back and tell us. Normally we'd need more info to find your monitor online but it looks like Samsung only makes one 19" LED so I assume it's that one. However it doesn't say what connections it has only that it comes with a VGA cable. I'm guessing then that it's probably got at least a VGA, and DVI connection. But look anyway.

abhi_reapar

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
yeap buddy,it came with just a vga cable,there is another slot preety much like the ones that modern gfx card possess...so will i be able to buy that cable or will it come with the new gfx card???

mace200200

Honorable

It won't come with a cable, it might come with a DVI to VGA adapter though so you plug that adapter into your GPU then run the cable from there to your monitor, or it might not and you'll have to shell out $5 on one, or use a DVI cable instead.

For example:
Here's an adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998101
And here's a DVI cable (cables are super cheap on Amazon btw if you want to look there too): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119012

abhi_reapar

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
thanx buddy that helped alot....thanx for ur xpert help....and there's another thing that i hope u can help me on,if i m gonna buy a new gpu with 150$ budget which one would u suggest?
my pc config are as below:-
intl core2 duo e8400,4gb ram,23ampere psu(however m gonna upgrade it while getting a newer gpu),msi g41m-p28 mothrboard...

mace200200

Honorable
Yes you'll have to definatly upgrade your PSU, your CPU is pretty weak too, normally I'd say a 6870 but I think it'd be bottle necked pretty good. You might be better off saving the money and going with a cheaper 7770 instead. They're not bad cards espically for the price, I just got mine not to long ago for $105.