Sign in with
Your question

Which amd driver should I try installing? Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 24, 2012 3:31:51 AM

I've been having so much trouble with these AMD drivers. I just built a bran new computer two days ago and have had nothing but trouble with my graphics card. I originally downloaded the most recent CCC driver version like 12.8 or something and my computer ran perfectly for about five hours straight then started getting an error "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". Been trouble shooting for at least a solid 12 hours total so far and can't find a fix that works. Basically I'm looking to install a driver that is compatible to my card and windows 7 64 bit. Any suggestions for older versions or anything would be much appreciated.

THanks
August 24, 2012 3:34:08 AM

This is a common driver problem, somebody once suggested people to try to edit the BIOS file. But I don't recommend it this way because you may break the driver. What I think you should do is RMA your card and hope it's going to be fixed.
m
l
August 24, 2012 3:43:36 AM

What is the brand and model of your power supply? Often these problems are caused by not supplying the card enough stable power to run properly.
m
l
Related resources
August 24, 2012 4:03:56 AM

Power Supply - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply, New Version with Build-in LED Fan On/Off Switch

I think I'm going to RMA my card. I've read about people doing it tho and the new card not working also tho so It makes me nervous but it's pretty much the only option I have left
m
l
August 24, 2012 4:26:27 AM

Well I installed a new driver and got the BSOD when I tried to reboot and load windows. . still erally pixelated with red yellow blue and green dots everywhere and vertical lines too. . Def a graphics card issue?
m
l
August 24, 2012 4:48:44 AM

Yeah, I guess RMA is only the option, you're unlucky to have gotten a bad one :) .
m
l
!