Sign in with
Your question

Last Minute Order Advice $1350 'Budget' Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
October 18, 2012 7:13:44 AM

Just wanna do one last check to make sure I'm getting the best and right parts for the money. Hey guys this is my first time doing a PC build and I was hoping to get some feedback on the build I came up with. I have been getting a lot of different suggestions on the parts I have chosen and I really want to assure that this PC will last and run very strong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am an avid Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 player and I would like these games to run at high fps, no problems. I run into a lot of fps lag currently because my computer, well, just plain sucks, so I am hoping to be able to be lag free. Also it would be awesome if I could run the games with maxed out graphics..easily of course. Thanks guys!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jiSW
October 18, 2012 7:30:40 AM

The SSD is overpriced.
Get the Vertex 4 which is $30 cheaper.

The motherboard is okay, a bit overpriced as well, but I guess you prefer ASUS?

Other than that, I like the whole build. OC and SLI/CF ready. The PSU is ready for it as well.
Good job.
m
l
October 18, 2012 10:46:56 AM

id suggest this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kFtN

free memory from newegg for the motherboard

got a slightly more efficient power supply

got a cheaper and just as good 7970

way cheaper motherboard

faster SSD

much better cooler

m
l
Related resources
October 18, 2012 12:26:18 PM

i dont see how they are bad when they cool way better than a stock cooler and about as good as most aftermarket solutions
m
l
October 18, 2012 12:35:13 PM

They may be better than stock, but that doesn't mean there isn't something better. The Sapphire is also clocked a lot higher. $8 isn't a large difference.
m
l
October 18, 2012 12:38:57 PM

really doesnt matter too much for me. ive had a xfx power supply and a couple of their older nvidia cards so i usually stick to them.

i know the xfx warranty is great but never heard much from sapphire
m
l
October 18, 2012 4:55:39 PM

taylorswift said:
I'm not gonna lie to you,I sort of want a faster processor. Like 3.4Ghz aleast. If I come up with the money for let's say the i5 3570, would my psu still be good enough? I'm going with the one you suggested.

i think you are on the wrong post
m
l
!