Core 2 Duo Upgrade if possible (graphic card and smps)

pratikdevlekar

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Quote :

Hi
Please Help me i need to upgrade my pc.
PC CONFIG
MOBO - INTEL 945 GCNL BOARD
PROCESSER - INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4500 2.20 GHZ
GRAPHIC - NVIDIA 8500 GT 512 MB
RAM - 2 GB
SMPS WATT - 300 WATT

PLEASE SUGGEST ME A GRAPHIC CARD WHICH CAN BE USED FOR THE ABOVE CONFIG AND IF U CAN PRICE IN INDIA.
PLEASE REALLY NEED IT.

a few things:
1) DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS AS IT IS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING
2) to give the best advice we need to know what you are using the card for, what kind of budget you have in mind, and what form-factor your box has (a lot of dell and HP units cannot take certain GPUs due to size constraints).

As for upgrades, this is what I would do;
1) find a cheap 'lightly used' Core2Quad CPU that will work in your system (see motherboard manufacturer's spec sheet for a list of compatable CPUs)
2) Upgrade to 4GB of Ram
3) If you need a real GPU then you may have to upgrade your power supply. After you select your new graphics card then pick a power supply that will work in your box (again, while most computers use standard parts, there are still many that use odd-sized units).
4) The GPU that is right for you depends on your budget, and what you want to do. Typically I would suggest the most modern card (highest model number) which fits within your budget.

pratikdevlekar

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
my budget is say about 30 k from my home i can adjust max 16k more from my saving till now so that goes to about 45 k so i think my budget can go to say 35-40 k. please suggest me if ati or amd hd graphic cards are good and the processors also and if any one who has deep knowledge about amd processors and graphic cards etc. please send me the components within the cabinet without the hard disk dvd .

pratikdevlekar

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
ya that only i can get till 45k need only mobo, processor, ram , graphic card and a spms for graphic. if these stuff can cm in 45k it will do wonders for me. and household means can get that much amount ,

anyway is AMD Phenom ii x 6 processor good ? Heard fx bulldozer series is waste.
prices plzzzzz for above Components

sorry, somehow I missed the 45,000 was in Indian Rupees, I thought it was $45,000USD which is enough money to build several nice computers and a central network to link them all to lol.

45,000 Rupee comes to ~$800 USD
For that amount you can get a very nice Core i5 processor, 8GB of DDR3 1600 ram in a 2x4GB kit, a very nice motherboard, and a very nice graphics card and power supply if you intend to do video games.

Sadly I cannot really help you much more than that as I have no idea what stores or brands you have available to you over in India, but I would help if I could.

Oh, and stay away from PhenomII parts. They are several years old now, and the newer Bulldozer stuff is not that much better. It would be best to stick with Intel parts, or wait for the next gen of AMD processors to come out in a few months which I hear will be much better than their old stuff (though still behind Intel).