Sign in with
Your question

Small case with dust filters?

Last response: in Components
March 2, 2013 1:52:31 AM

I am looking for a small case (micro atx or mini itx if possible) with a good set of externally removable filters. It will be a slave computer, so not much running on it, but will be in the grooming room at a doggie daycare - so lots of dust, hair, and dander floating around. I can find plenty of big gaming cases with filters, but not many smaller ones. Does anybody know of a solution? Many thanks in advance.
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 2:53:34 AM

I can vouch for the Silverstone Sugo SG-03F case. There are two 120mm intake fans at the front, it is a small form factor case (mATX, mITX). The dust filter is protected by a mesh grill that can be popped off on two push-in points akin to food containers. Hope this helps!

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=244&area=...
March 7, 2013 1:34:01 PM

Thank you very much! Is the stock filter enough to keep out fine dust and hair? If not, do you think it would be simple to change out the filter material on it?
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 7, 2013 1:57:30 PM

Hair cannot even pass through the small mesh of the filter. After running it for two years, only extremely small particulate has made it through (as would with probably any dust filter, though).
!