Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100 computer and
it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001. When
I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not scrool
using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to work
when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please advise
me where and what to download.
Also
Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but it
does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me of a
good PS/2 mouse that has that option.
Thanking you in advance,
Patrick
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft mouse

    Thanks for all your help. I purchased a new optical mouse made by micro
    innovations for $10. at Pricesmart and it works flawlesly.
    Patrick

    "Patrick" <panamapatrick@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100 computer
    and
    > it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001.
    When
    > I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not
    scrool
    > using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to work
    > when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please
    advise
    > me where and what to download.
    > Also
    > Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
    > desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but it
    > does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me of a
    > good PS/2 mouse that has that option.
    > Thanking you in advance,
    > Patrick

Drivers Mice PS/2 Microsoft Windows XP