Sign in with
Your question

GTX 670 PSU help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 24, 2012 6:12:36 AM

Hello again everyone, just about to pull the trigger on a GTX 670 FTW edition, only problem is I don't know what a good PSU would be, I'm assuming Antec or Corsair but I haven't the slightest clue as to where to start. Also if anyone wouldn't mind posting a comparison on a the cost for a new PSU for a 660ti that would be splendid.

The very last thing concerning me about the FTW is the cooling issues people report. I might as well post a pic of my comp's innards and see if anyone might toss in a suggestion.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/insidecomp.jpg...
Budget for the PSU is probably about $125.

Any input appreciated! :3

More about : gtx 670 psu

a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2012 6:22:57 AM

I'd buy a new case too. I'd recommend the HAF 912 or HAF XM. For the PSU, Corsair TX 650 v2. Both will last through multiple upgrades, unless you SLI/Crossfire for some cards..
August 24, 2012 6:26:21 AM

Smeg45 said:
I'd buy a new case too. I'd recommend the HAF 912 or HAF XM. For the PSU, Corsair TX 650 v2. Both will last through multiple upgrades, unless you SLI/Crossfire for some cards..

I wan't ever planning on going SLI, and yeah I was looking at the HAF 912 a couple weeks back. But as for now I am pretty sure the card should fit? It would appear that way in any case. :sweat: 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2012 6:28:42 AM

Even if it does fit (how much space do you have BTW?), that case does not have much airflow. Still your decision.
August 24, 2012 6:36:34 AM

Smeg45 said:
Even if it does fit (how much space do you have BTW?), that case does not have much airflow. Still your decision.

Well the space that you see from the right end of the video card to the other end of the case is all free, so I imagine it would. I am sort on about a $550 upgrade budget for a single monitor 1080p go. On one hand I could go big on the 670 ftw and a power supply. Or alternatively I feel like I could afford a new case, PSU, but only the Superclocked 660ti. I just got the feeling that in my current case cooling WILL be an issue for the 670 ftw.
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2012 6:37:52 AM

I'd get a Sapphire 7950 OC + HAF 912 and a TX 650. That will be a solid foundation and you won't have to worry about airflow issues.
August 24, 2012 6:43:36 AM

Smeg45 said:
I'd get a Sapphire 7950 OC + HAF 912 and a TX 650. That will be a solid foundation and you won't have to worry about airflow issues.

Well it's just I am leaning toward Nvidia, they have a promotion right now with a purchase of a 600 series card you get borderlands 2 for free. :p 
!