Sign in with
Your question

Is my PSU strong enough to handle my OC

Last response: in Components
March 2, 2013 3:25:11 AM

Im just wondering if a contributing factor to my computer crashing with higher overclocks is my PSU?
Im not new to OC'ing and i know how to do it correctly, my question is "can my PSU handle me OC"

Here are my PC's specs
PSU = Corsair CX600
Motherboard = AsRock z77 Extreme 4
CPU intel i5 3750K 3.4ghz (OC at 4.4ghz @ -0.015v offset with LLC=5)
GPU

Samsung 830 126g SSD
500Gb ww HDD
6 x 120mm fans
1 x 200mm fan
8Gb Ram 2200mhz

More about : psu strong handle

a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 4:02:41 AM

I don't think it's the psu, that one is decent, there're better ones out there, but in this case, it might not be cause, since even with cpu and gpu overclocked your system won't pull than ~350W-400W(this is really a high estimate) at load.
The crashing might be from the instability of the overclock of the gpu or cpu, you might also want to check the temperatures of both cpu and gpu.
m
l
March 2, 2013 4:05:51 AM

djangoringo said:
I don't think it's the psu, that one is decent, there're better ones out there, but in this case, it might not be cause, since even with cpu and gpu overclocked your system won't pull than ~350W-400W(this is really a high estimate) at load.
The crashing might be from the overclock of the gpu/cpu, you might want to check the temperatures of both cpu and gpu.

My temps are fine, never over 65c. If the reason why my pc crashes isnt caused by the PSU then i know for sure that im under volting my CPU which is causing my PC to crash.
Anyways thanks a lot for the reply it really helped!
m
l
!