Noobie on a Build

Hi guys I'm new to this website and I just want to start on a new build.
I know how to build a omputer but I don't know which parts are compatable with each other.

Can you tell me for these parts:

CPU:______________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD FX Series FX-6200
Laying: FM1
Tact: 3800 MHz / 4100 MHz boost
SIX core, core Zambezi
6 MB L2 memory, TDP 95 W

MOTHERBOARD:______________________________________________________________________________________

Chip : AMD 990X
ATX Plaform:
FX™/Phenom™II /Athlon™II /Sempron™
laying AM3+
Memory :
4x DUAL DDR3 2 2133(O.C.)/1866/
1600/1333/1066 , up to 32GB

GRAPHICS CARD :____________________________________________________________________________________

Output:

1 x Dual-Link DVI
1 x HDMI (with 3D)
2 x Mini-DisplayPort
DisplayPort 1.2

GPU:

860 MHz Core Clock
28 nm Chip
1024 x Stream Processors

Memory:

2048 MB Size
256 -bit GDDR5
4800 MHz Effective

Dimension:

210(L)x105(W)x35(H) mm Size.

Software:

Driver CD

Accessory:

CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable
DVI to VGA Adapter
Mini-DP to DP Cable
6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable
HDMI to SL-DVI Adapter(Full Retail SKU only)
HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable(Full Retail SKU only)

RAM:_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kingston
Capacity: 8gb (2x4gb)
1333 Mhz DDR3
CL9 - Non ECC - 240DIMM

HARD DISC:_________________________________________________________________________________________

SeaGate HDD Desktop barracuda
7200 rpm 1 tb SATA
64 MB

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So one more question beside are these compatible and if they are, are these parts able to play the latest games like : Skyrim__Battlefield 3__Crysis 2__Tekkit__CoDMW 3____On high settings? If NOT than which settings they can?
4 answers Last reply
More about noobie build
  1. Whats your budget? Where are you buying? What parts dont you need? (Windows 7, monitor, etc.)
  2. Your computer should be compatible... But you could do way better for the money. What is your budget/region/main use? See link in sig.
  3. Could you just post links to the sites from which you wish to shop, along with your rationale for selection?
    What is your budget?

Off the top of my head, I would say that a FX-6200 is likely a poor choice for a gaming pc.

I can't identify the graphics card.

My rule of thumb is to budget twice the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.
  4. geofelt said:
    Could you just post links to the sites from which you wish to shop, along with your rationale for selection?
    What is your budget?

Off the top of my head, I would say that a FX-6200 is likely a poor choice for a gaming pc.

I can't identify the graphics card.

My rule of thumb is to budget twice the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.

Meh. I use a third. That would mean an i5 would need a 7970 or 670.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems