Sign in with
Your question

Noobie on a Build

Last response: in Systems
October 18, 2012 2:01:07 PM

Hi guys I'm new to this website and I just want to start on a new build.
I know how to build a omputer but I don't know which parts are compatable with each other.

Can you tell me for these parts:

CPU:______________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD FX Series FX-6200
Laying: FM1
Tact: 3800 MHz / 4100 MHz boost
SIX core, core Zambezi
6 MB L2 memory, TDP 95 W

MOTHERBOARD:______________________________________________________________________________________

Chip : AMD 990X
ATX Plaform:
FX™/Phenom™II /Athlon™II /Sempron™
laying AM3+
Memory :
4x DUAL DDR3 2 2133(O.C.)/1866/
1600/1333/1066 , up to 32GB

GRAPHICS CARD :____________________________________________________________________________________

Output:

1 x Dual-Link DVI
1 x HDMI (with 3D)
2 x Mini-DisplayPort
DisplayPort 1.2

GPU:

860 MHz Core Clock
28 nm Chip
1024 x Stream Processors

Memory:

2048 MB Size
256 -bit GDDR5
4800 MHz Effective

Dimension:

210(L)x105(W)x35(H) mm Size.

Software:

Driver CD

Accessory:

CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable
DVI to VGA Adapter
Mini-DP to DP Cable
6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable
HDMI to SL-DVI Adapter(Full Retail SKU only)
HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable(Full Retail SKU only)

RAM:_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kingston
Capacity: 8gb (2x4gb)
1333 Mhz DDR3
CL9 - Non ECC - 240DIMM

HARD DISC:_________________________________________________________________________________________

SeaGate HDD Desktop barracuda
7200 rpm 1 tb SATA
64 MB

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So one more question beside are these compatible and if they are, are these parts able to play the latest games like : Skyrim__Battlefield 3__Crysis 2__Tekkit__CoDMW 3____On high settings? If NOT than which settings they can?

More about : noobie build

October 18, 2012 2:10:49 PM

Whats your budget? Where are you buying? What parts dont you need? (Windows 7, monitor, etc.)
October 18, 2012 2:11:55 PM

Your computer should be compatible... But you could do way better for the money. What is your budget/region/main use? See link in sig.
Related resources
October 18, 2012 2:43:43 PM

Could you just post links to the sites from which you wish to shop, along with your rationale for selection?
What is your budget?

Off the top of my head, I would say that a FX-6200 is likely a poor choice for a gaming pc.

I can't identify the graphics card.

My rule of thumb is to budget twice the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.
October 18, 2012 2:58:24 PM

geofelt said:
Could you just post links to the sites from which you wish to shop, along with your rationale for selection?
What is your budget?

Off the top of my head, I would say that a FX-6200 is likely a poor choice for a gaming pc.

I can't identify the graphics card.

My rule of thumb is to budget twice the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.

Meh. I use a third. That would mean an i5 would need a 7970 or 670.
!