Solved

Will this PSU Be enough?

I plan on overclocking possibly to 4.2Ghz.

http://gyazo.com/1885a0835fc239fe0e8a649783e839a3

The gigabyte radeon says it needs atleast 500 so watts so taking that into consideration, my other parts will have to be powered also, but will it be enough for overclocking to 4.2 and running all the other components?

Or should I go for the 750w versions and pay an extra $36

http://gyazo.com/1885a0835fc239fe0e8a649783e839a3
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will enough
  1. Yes, a decent 600W psu will do, that one is a quality psu, a 7970 requires a psu with 500W and ~30A on the +12v rail.
    The psu that you have has 42A, you're fine.
    Also the card won't pull more than ~210W(this one is a soc gigabyte) : http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Gigabyte/HD_7970_SOC/images/power_peak.gif

    You'll have room for cpu and gpu overclock.
  2. djangoringo said:
    Yes, a decent 600W psu will do, that one is a quality psu, a 7970 requires a psu with 500W and ~30A on the +12v rail.
    The psu that you have has 42A, you're fine.
    Also the card won't pull more than ~210W(this one is a soc gigabyte) : http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Gigabyte/HD_7970_SOC/images/power_peak.gif

    You'll have room for cpu and gpu overclock.


    Ok thanks man. What do you think of this instead? http://gyazo.com/04c4c2f820436a6ac297954d4b21b115

    The price should actually be $1461 since the only thing different build I originally posted was the Case and the PSU to 750w?

    http://gyazo.com/04c4c2f820436a6ac297954d4b21b115
  3. I guess you're shopping from pccasegear, if it's i'd get the corsair TX 650 V2(seasonic oem psu, it's a quality one) : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_354&products_id=17211

    It's more than enough for the system and it's cheaper.
    Unless you want a psu for crossfire, then this one will still be slightly better : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17209

    If you're not, you can get either the 600W or the 750W, it will do for your system with the cpu and gpu overclocked.
  4. djangoringo said:
    I guess you're shopping from pccasegear, if it's i'd get the corsair TX 650 V2(seasonic oem psu, it's a quality one) : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_354&products_id=17211

    It's more than enough for the system and it's cheaper.
    Unless you want a psu for crossfire, then this one will still be slightly better : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17209

    If you're not, you can get either the 600W or the 750W, it will do for your system with the cpu and gpu overclocked.


    well im kinda thinking of this, http://gyazo.com/04c4c2f820436a6ac297954d4b21b115 the case is pretty much like the other one works good, and the psu is 750w here so i can cross fire later. So what about that build? its good?
  5. Yes, it's good, though, if you want to crossfire, i'd look for the corsair TX V2 750, it's probably cheaper.
  6. djangoringo said:
    Yes, it's good, though, if you want to crossfire, i'd look for the corsair TX V2 750, it's probably cheaper.


    I'd rather modular :} but out of the two which one is better the 750W build or the 600w build
  7. Best answer
    Well, if you want to crossfire the 7970, get the Silverstone Strider Plus 750W, if you don't, the 600w will do just fine for single card.
  8. Best answer selected by DECR7PT.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Overclocking Gigabyte Components