Your question

Is my new PSU any good

Last response: in Components
March 2, 2013 4:42:17 AM

Is this PSU any good?
700 WATT OCZ modXtreme pro

More about : psu good

March 2, 2013 4:57:21 AM

It should be just fine with your current specs.
m
l
a c 259 ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 4:58:26 AM

The ModXtreme line is made by Sirtec and rates pretty well overall. The 500 and 600 watt models both get Golden Awards from Hardwaresecrets. That's their highest award. The 700w model failed in HardOCP's testing but it was a 2008 model. Probably they just got a bad unit and I'm sure if you have a new one it's fine. All in all a unit I would not have a problem recommending.

More info/links here.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1373.ht...
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 4:58:43 AM

Are you buying new or already have it?

OCZ had a bunch of issues with quality control in the past though they're through that phase now

If you are using it already then its likely new as well as if you are buying one of their latest mdoels

its a decent PSU but not one of the best
m
l
March 2, 2013 5:02:35 AM

stickmansam said:
Are you buying new or already have it?

OCZ had a bunch of issues with quality control in the past though they're through that phase now

If you are using it already then its likely new as well as if you are buying one of their latest mdoels

its a decent PSU but not one of the best

I just bought it today (and installed it)
and im sure you will agree that its better than a 500 WATT thermaltake OEM PSU
m
l
a c 259 ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 5:05:43 AM

Absolutely. Thermaltake is pretty much crap across the board. OCZ had issues with 2008 and older models. Since then they have really turned it around and are one of the brands I recommend by name.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 5:09:02 AM

Yes it is undoubtedly better
m
l
March 2, 2013 5:09:23 AM

anort3 said:
Absolutely. Thermaltake is pretty much crap across the board. OCZ had issues with 2008 and older models. Since then they have really turned it around and are one of the brands I recommend by name.

well that's good because I was going to get a Thermaltake TR2 bronze, then I had a second thought and realized that I would have to buy a lot more fire extinguishers if I bought the Thermaltake.
m
l
!