Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Seeking if good build

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 18, 2012 3:15:34 PM

this is my first build i i want to know before buying it if its good or needs improvement

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Black ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

More about : seeking good build

a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 3:31:33 PM

You need to use low profile RAM, like GSKill Ares, Crucial Ballistix Sport, or Corsair CML, to avoid a clash with cooler.
Unless you intend to add a 2nd graphics card, in SLi, you don't need anything like 750w PSU. Even with 2x GTX660 you don't need as much as 750w, although there's nothing wrong with a bit in hand.
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 3:35:29 PM

i do plan to run two 660s in sli and can support a link to a good ram please :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 3:54:19 PM

Why not just get one 680 and avoid SLI altogether?
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 4:34:51 PM

because 2 660s are better than one 680 and i have always wanted to try sli :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 4:35:26 PM

chewbarney said:
i do plan to run two 660s in sli and can support a link to a good ram please :) 

What country are you, any preference for website/supplier?
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 4:51:58 PM

im from the usa i mostly prefer newegg :) 
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 5:04:52 PM

change the mobo to the asrock z77 extreme4 from newegg man, they are giving away free 2x4gb of 1600ghz pc3 12800 SDRAM with the purchase of the mobo at 134.99, everything else looks great, stick with the 750w, thats a good size and particular one, the sli 660's will be good, but maybe look into getting one 680 instead, it is a beast right now and you can always resort to SLI'ing it later on when technology advances instead of having to go to two different cards all together when the 660's become outdated.

EDIT: also that mobo is a beast, definitely the best one for you, on top of that free ram as a perk =)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 5:16:14 PM

If you're going to overclock and overvolt then the Asrock Extreme4 is not a very good motherboard for you.Stick with the MSI one you chose.The Extreme4 is known to have VRM overheating problems.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 5:43:07 PM

Football32player32 said:
change the mobo to the asrock z77 extreme4 from newegg man, they are giving away free 2x4gb of 1600ghz pc3 12800 SDRAM with the purchase of the mobo at 134.99, everything else looks great, stick with the 750w, thats a good size and particular one, the sli 660's will be good, but maybe look into getting one 680 instead, it is a beast right now and you can always resort to SLI'ing it later on when technology advances instead of having to go to two different cards all together when the 660's become outdated.

EDIT: also that mobo is a beast, definitely the best one for you, on top of that free ram as a perk =)

Certainly, when throwing in 8GB of decent RAM, the Extreme 4 is a good deal. It's obviously a judgement call, whether it's worth paying a premium, for the quality, and BIOS/overclocking ability of the GD65. The GD65 is one I will consider, for an upcoming build.
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 5:56:30 PM

i have the asrock z77 extreme4 with the 3570k and im pushing 4.9 ghz with it and a water cooling system
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 9:56:30 PM

Football32player32 said:
i have the asrock z77 extreme4 with the 3570k and im pushing 4.9 ghz with it and a water cooling system


i want to do a water cooled system but idk cuz the h100 would be my choice
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 11:09:16 PM

if you really want to push your cpu then its a must!
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 11:17:50 PM

Football32player32 said:
if you really want to push your cpu then its a must!

what do you mean by push
m
0
l
!