Nokia 6630 3G phone now shipping

Last response: in Brands
November 3, 2004 11:45:30 PM

The Nokia 6630 smartphone, the world's first mobile phone to combine the
benefits of 3G, EDGE and the leading Series 60 platform, has started
shipping. A great work tool for anyone who requires a high speed connection
Full story http://www.phonecontent.com/bm/news/nokia/542.shtml

--
.... or wap.phonecontent.com from your mobile phone
Anonymous

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:45:30 +0100, Bjorn wrote:

> The Nokia 6630 smartphone, the world's first mobile phone to combine the
> benefits of 3G, EDGE and the leading Series 60 platform, has started
> shipping. A great work tool for anyone who requires a high speed connection
> Full story http://www.phonecontent.com/bm/news/nokia/542.shtml

Looks nice... I'm just waiting for Carphone Warehouse etc, to start
selling the ThreePay version cheap. Like they did with the 7600.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 2:42:47 AM

Bjorn wrote:

> The Nokia 6630 smartphone, the world's first mobile phone to combine the
> benefits of 3G, EDGE and the leading Series 60 platform, has started
> shipping.

Nice. But unless Nokia will make a series 60 phone in a decent format
instead of all those bulky phones thatmake up the series 60 I won't
buy them. Way to big.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:42:47 +0100, Johan Wevers wrote:

> Bjorn wrote:
>
>> The Nokia 6630 smartphone, the world's first mobile phone to combine the
>> benefits of 3G, EDGE and the leading Series 60 platform, has started
>> shipping.
>
> Nice. But unless Nokia will make a series 60 phone in a decent format
> instead of all those bulky phones thatmake up the series 60 I won't
> buy them. Way to big.

110 mm x 60 mm x 21 mm ain't that big you know, and would certainly fit in
most pockets OK. To make it smaller, you'd either have to reduce the size
of the screen or keypad, either of which would IMO compromise it's
useability.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 4:54:48 PM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004, at 23:42:47 [GMT +0100] (09:42:47 Thursday, 4 November
2004 where I live) "Johan Wevers" wrote:

> Nice. But unless Nokia will make a series 60 phone in a decent format
> instead of all those bulky phones thatmake up the series 60 I won't
> buy them. Way to big.

And make them 850/900/1800/1900 as well.

--
"Scotty. hurry. beam me" uragg^**** NO CARRIER.
Anonymous

michael turner wrote:

> 110 mm x 60 mm x 21 mm ain't that big you know,

I'm spoiled with a 6610i. I don't want anything much bigger.

> To make it smaller, you'd either have to reduce the size
> of the screenor keypad, either of which would IMO compromise it's
> useability.

They could decrease the pixelsize while reducing the size,
so the resolution stais the same. I don't say they should do it
on all phones, but for those with good eyesight it is an option.
I also liked the smaller font you can select on the 6610 for text
messages. There are enough options for people who should wear
strong glasses but are too snobby to do it.