Which of these two Gatwaye's would you choose?

Hello. I’m looking for advice to help pick between to computers that I am thinking of purchasing. We don’t game we just use our PC for home office, web browsing, minor picture editing type stuff. We are replacing an older AMD Opteron that I had built. I’m not really interested in building another PC with the time involved, would rather just purchase one. We want something physically small with decent performance. I have narrowed it down to these two machines, and am really having a hard time here, mainly because they cost the same. The Intel has higher clock speed, dual core and has a 7200 RPM drive. The AMD has a slower clock speed but is quad core and has a slower 5400 RPM drive. The benefit of the AMD is the integrated video, from what I have read, is much better than the Intel’s and even though these both could be upgraded with a dedicated card, I’m just going to use the integrated video. I’m leaning towards the Intel because of the google searches I have done comparing the A8-3820 vs the i3-2120, the i3 is faster in most respects. I am concerned about the video performance of the Intel though. The PC’s in question here are both Gateway’s. SX2370-UR10P and SX2870-UR10P. Both cost the same from newegg.

If someone knows of an even better option in this price range and SFF I would like to hear of it, but I have not found anything yet close to the price.

http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/conte...3-DT.GD2AA.001
2 answers Last reply
More about which gatwaye choose
  1. If you don't game at all, period, then the video of the Intel is more than adequate for everything else. Aside from that, with the i3, you get a faster hard drive and a processor that will be better for most tasks. I'd pick the intel one.

Here's pretty much the same thing from Dell for $449, but with tax and shipping it may or may not be a better deal:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fddwst4&model_id=inspiron-660s&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19
  2. Thank for the input. I only wish these came with SATA III with an option to upgrade to SDD. Oh well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems