felipovicc

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hello, here is my problem. I build my own pc like 2 months ago and everything was running fine. Today I turned it on and I had no image on the screen just "not signal detected" message.
I opened it up and disconected the graphics card, ram, hdd, fans. The pc didnt start, only the cpu fan spins and the power led was on.
Sometimes the pc didn't turn on, others did. I checked with another psu and the problem persisted. Connected everything again and the pc started, with no image, I shut it down and turned on again got image and everything was working but now stays on for like 3 -4 minutes and shuts down.
Need help, sorry for my bad English. Thanks!
Specs:
Asrock z75 pro3
Intel core i5 3570k (evo 212 plus cooler)
Asus gtx 550 ti
8 gb corsair vengance lp
Corsair cx 600 psu

macusn

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Check the cable between GPU and monitor. Make sure your monitor is set to recieve the correct input, VGA, HDMI ect. Do you have another Graphics card you can check? mac

felipovicc

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Checked with another cable and monitor too , and with onboard graphics. I got image at last with both graphics cards but now im getting none. Just front led and cpu fan woking.

felipovicc

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
The only time I got it to work the cpu was about 32º and 33º on the mobo, and voltages were fine. The graphics card was unpluged and I was using onboard video. Im testing now, the pc dosent turn on, only the cpu fan spins. Removed everything but the cpu.

felipovicc

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Already did, reset cmos and took out the bios battery. I found out that one fan which is connected to the bottom of the mobo (next to the front panel connections) dosent work but if I plug it on the top, next to the ram, it works.

macusn

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Ok the other power supply you used to check if it was the power supply, was it known working and did it have the appropriate amount of amps to power everything?

I think we need to have you go thru the trobleshooting guide and eliminate everything one step at a time. This will most likely require us to remove the internals and breadboard the pc (instructions are in the guide). Do this in a methodical method like it listed in the guide.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

Let me know if you have questions
mac

felipovicc

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Checked everything , assambled everything again and tested my psu on another pc and it booted. I noticed that the mobo didnt beep without ram. So im starting to think its a bad mobo but it worked perfectly a cuple of days ago.

macusn

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
sorry i though you were getting to post sometimes. Did you try booting with intergrated graphics, 1 memory chip, cpu and its cooler. No drives, PCI cards or anything else outside the case? This is the most basic boot to BIOS you can do. If this does not work I would guess Motherboard or CPU. Motherboards fail much more often than CPU, and the problem of no beep with out the Ram. Only other thing we did not verify is mem is on supported list, I assume you checked this but since your not even getting to post anymore does not matter. I think you are correct motherboard is crapping out.

Mac

felipovicc

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Everything is compatible, i've been using the pc for two months. And I've already tried to boot outside the case with integrated graphics, 1 ram stick and cpu with cooler, same result. I'll try to get a pci post test card tomorrow and test the motherborad.