Sign in with
Your question

New build or just upgrade ?

Last response: in CPUs
March 2, 2013 11:34:13 AM

Anyways guys Im not sure what should I do so I thought you could help me... My questions is would be worth to upgrade my current build or buy everything new ?

My build now -
NZXT Alpha (Would that be ok to upgrade on or should I look for new one)
Intel Q9550 (Everything stock)
Asus P5P43TD PRO (Is this good motherboard for upgrading or should I look for new one ?)
ATI 4870 1GB
4GB RAM (I think its kingstone)
Im not 100% sure for Power supply but I think its 500W (will post tomorrow real stats after I open PC)

My plan is (6 - 12 months) -
1. To get some decent GPU (recommend me something)
2. Buy new PSU - 650W
3. New motherboard
4. i7

More about : build upgrade

a c 117 à CPUs
March 2, 2013 12:21:52 PM

depends on what gfx card your gonna throw at it...
if its a 660ti then i would say stick with what you have for now as haswell arrives soon. so just upgrade the gfx and wait.
also its pointless putting a oober high end gfx card in a system unless you have the monitor to show it off so unless your already running a 1080p screen you may want to think about upgrading that along with the gfx befor you upgrade the rest of the system

the q6 series cpus can be overclocked reasonably well so there is still life in the old girl yet.
most games dont take full advantage of current cpu's so you can afford to wait a while. if you need to.
March 2, 2013 12:34:57 PM

HEXiT said:
depends on what gfx card your gonna throw at it...
if its a 660ti then i would say stick with what you have for now as haswell arrives soon. so just upgrade the gfx and wait.
also its pointless putting a oober high end gfx card in a system unless you have the monitor to show it off so unless your already running a 1080p screen you may want to think about upgrading that along with the gfx befor you upgrade the rest of the system

the q6 series cpus can be overclocked reasonably well so there is still life in the old girl yet.
most games dont take full advantage of current cpu's so you can afford to wait a while. if you need to.

Im running 1080p screen... Any special recommendations for card ? I am using this PC for gaming and sometimes video editing. And what would you suggest me for my next upgrade after gfx ? And is my case NZXT Alpha still ok or I should look into new ones ?( I mean will new parts fit it?)
!