tullymx

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hello all i am looking into buying a new os for my gaming pc. i am building it very soon and am just unsure as to which os to buy? i see windows 8 is coming out soon and is very well priced! £50 and was just wondering would this be fine for my new pc? it will need to be 64 bit as i have 8gb ram but cant seem to find details on the bit on the website?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/productID.257641900

any help? much appreciated! :)

obsama1

Distinguished
Since Windows 7, unless you buy the OEM copy (the copy you linked isn't OEM), all copies have 64bit and 32bit versions included. Personally, I dislike the interface of Windows 8. It's speedy and incredibly fast, but the interface deters me. Of course, you might like the interface, and if so, the £50 price isn't bad. Personally, I would stick to 7, since it will get support until 2019.

tullymx

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
to be honest i am not bothered what i have, all i know is i want a 64 bit os as cheap as possible! :) has anyone got any links or anything i could use?

tullymx

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
haha i meant windows :) people have suggested linux before but it just does not appeal to me, even for the price

obsama1

Distinguished