Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will this setup run skyrim at ultra or atleast near that?

Last response: in Components
Share
March 2, 2013 1:30:56 PM

Hello, i want to get a setup that will run skyrim at ultra for a cheap cost. Here are the components that ive come up with. I havent looked for a case yet because i dont know what it needs to have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY - Optima 2-Pack 4GB (8GB total) PC3-10666 DDR3 Desktop Memory Kit/4354732.p?id=1218475662604&skuId=4354732#tab=specifications

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB Internal Hard Drive/4919412.p?id=1218577515991&skuId=4919412

Thanks. I want your honest opinion.
March 2, 2013 2:02:14 PM

Yes. It will. Will even do 1080p.
But one suggestion, get an SSD, and get WD as seagate has dropped its warranty period.
March 2, 2013 2:15:33 PM

Rohan Rathi said:
Yes. It will. Will even do 1080p.
But one suggestion, get an SSD, and get WD as seagate has dropped its warranty period.


What kind of SSD.. Could you give me a link to some. Thanks
Related resources
March 2, 2013 2:40:32 PM

oldblackman said:
Hello, i want to get a setup that will run skyrim at ultra for a cheap cost. Here are the components that ive come up with. I havent looked for a case yet because i dont know what it needs to have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY - Optima 2-Pack 4GB (8GB total) PC3-10666 DDR3 Desktop Memory Kit/4354732.p?id=1218475662604&skuId=4354732#tab=specifications

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB Internal Hard Drive/4919412.p?id=1218577515991&skuId=4919412

Thanks. I want your honest opinion.




PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.48 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $699.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-02 11:40 EST-0500)
March 2, 2013 2:51:02 PM

maxalge said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.48 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $699.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-02 11:40 EST-0500)



I really like this. Just makeing sure. All the things are compatible with each other, right? And i was looking at this case. What do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks.
March 2, 2013 10:49:16 PM

oldblackman said:
IS the one you posted better then the one you have?



They are basically equal in all respects, but the 912 is $10 cheaper after rebate, though it does not have free shipping.


Either one will serve you well.

yes an SSD is an excellent addition.

But you would definately want at least 120gb.


After win install 60gb fills up quick.


What I suggest, since you want to play skyrim maxed, is forget the ssd for now if 120gb one is currently out of your budget.


Get an aftermarket cpu cooler instead, a hyper 212 is cheap and will get you 4ghz overclock no problem.







March 3, 2013 2:01:21 AM

maxalge said:
They are basically equal in all respects, but the 912 is $10 cheaper after rebate, though it does not have free shipping.


Either one will serve you well.

yes an SSD is an excellent addition.

But you would definately want at least 120gb.


After win install 60gb fills up quick.


What I suggest, since you want to play skyrim maxed, is forget the ssd for now if 120gb one is currently out of your budget.


Get an aftermarket cpu cooler instead, a hyper 212 is cheap and will get you 4ghz overclock no problem.


Okay, and just to get things straight. What exactly does over clocking do? From my understanding it just speeds up the processor.. Does this have any negative effects besides more power consumption and heat?
March 3, 2013 3:56:40 AM

oldblackman said:
Okay, and just to get things straight. What exactly does over clocking do? From my understanding it just speeds up the processor.. Does this have any negative effects besides more power consumption and heat?


It's basically increasing performance.

No negative effects if you do it properly with an aftermarket cpu cooler, you will most likely achieve 4ghz - 4.2ghz without touching voltages.


http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclockin...


Good luck!
!