Trinity or Vishera

i need help deciding on a cpu to buy i now have a amd athlon ii x2 255 3.1ghz that i got in january i still havent used yet cause im still in the process of building my first gaming rig...Ive been thinking should i use it or buy something better i now have money to spend and only going to use my computer for gaming in simple tasks no rendering...which will be the better buy for my needs apu or fx?? btw i will only game at 720p for the time being intell i buy a 1080p moniter in the near future... thanks to all that reply
12 answers Last reply
More about trinity vishera
  1. Which gpu you have? Best is to go with fx 6300.
  2. ASHISH65 said:
    Which gpu you have? Best is to go with fx 6300.



    dont have a gpu yet still was looking
  3. ASHISH65 said:
    Which gpu you have? Best is to go with fx 6300.



    dont have a gpu yet still was looking
  4. ASHISH65 said:
    Which gpu you have? Best is to go with fx 6300.



    dont have a gpu yet was still looking
  5. Ok piledriver fx is better than trinity in games.trinity is good if you do not want discreate gpu.i suggest go with fx 6300,fx 8350 whichever suits your budget.
  6. ASHISH65 said:
    Ok piledriver fx is better than trinity in games.trinity is good if you do not want discreate gpu.i suggest go with fx 6300,fx 8350 whichever suits your budget.



    ok thanks i have the money to buy the fx-6300...
  7. Go with that good buget gaming cpu
  8. FM2 Socket build

    Athlon II x 4 750K/A8 5600K (Use the Athlon II 740 if you don't want to overclock)
    ASRock FM2A85X extreme 6
    G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 (if you want to run integrated I suggest G.Skill Ares 2133's)
    Sapphire HD7850OC
    Rosewill Fortress 450w Platinum

    AM3+

    FX 6300
    Gigabyte 990FX UD5
    Crucial Ballistix Tracers DDR3 1866
    HD7870LE
    Rosewill Fortress 550w/Coolermaster Silent Pro 550w (Both Platinum)

    Obviously the FX build costs a lot more but the FM2 setup is very capable of high FPS and smooth game play in all modern titles contrary to its price tag, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, both APU's and the Athlon II parts designed for this platform are really good parts at a low premium.
  9. sarinaide said:
    FM2 Socket build

    Athlon II x 4 750K/A8 5600K (Use the Athlon II 740 if you don't want to overclock)
    ASRock FM2A85X extreme 6
    G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 (if you want to run integrated I suggest G.Skill Ares 2133's)
    Sapphire HD7850OC
    Rosewill Fortress 450w Platinum

    AM3+

    FX 6300
    Gigabyte 990FX UD5
    Crucial Ballistix Tracers DDR3 1866
    HD7870LE
    Rosewill Fortress 550w/Coolermaster Silent Pro 550w (Both Platinum)

    Obviously the FX build costs a lot more but the FM2 setup is very capable of high FPS and smooth game play in all modern titles contrary to its price tag, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, both APU's and the Athlon II parts designed for this platform are really good parts at a low premium.



    so u prefer me getting the apu a10-5800k at least?? how well does the apu play arma 2??
  10. ThaxMessiahx said:
    so u prefer me getting the apu a10-5800k at least?? how well does the apu play arma 2??


    Not on the iGPU, if you running discrete graphics then it will easily play ARMA II, the detail will largely depend on the level of discrete graphics you put in. While Trinity will offer less performance than FX or intel parts, it still achieves well above playable performance at a low cost if you are looking to shave pricing.

    If you want to run discrete graphics then I will suggest you look at the Trinity based Athlon II 740(if no overclocking) and 750k (if overclocking) they are basically Trinities with disabled iGPU's and thus the IMC is not burdened with CPU/GPU workloads so will be a little faster when using discrete graphics. The added benefit to the 740 is that its 65w TDP rating allows it to run of A55 boards which are really cheap if features and looks are not important even better when building ITX builds, all in all costing very little.

    If you want more grunt I will still suggest you go with the AM3+ path.
  11. sarinaide said:
    Not on the iGPU, if you running discrete graphics then it will easily play ARMA II, the detail will largely depend on the level of discrete graphics you put in. While Trinity will offer less performance than FX or intel parts, it still achieves well above playable performance at a low cost if you are looking to shave pricing.

    If you want to run discrete graphics then I will suggest you look at the Trinity based Athlon II 740(if no overclocking) and 750k (if overclocking) they are basically Trinities with disabled iGPU's and thus the IMC is not burdened with CPU/GPU workloads so will be a little faster when using discrete graphics. The added benefit to the 740 is that its 65w TDP rating allows it to run of A55 boards which are really cheap if features and looks are not important even better when building ITX builds, all in all costing very little.

    If you want more grunt I will still suggest you go with the AM3+ path.



    I think I should go the am3+ path is the fx 4300 any good??
  12. It is good enough
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Trinity