Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] Good pc cases

Last response: in Components
March 2, 2013 2:23:44 PM

Hi. I'm looking to buy a new case and I need it to fit a gtx 690, ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard and some water cooling for the CPU in it. Can you guys give me any suggestions for big cases with good airflow?

More about : solved good cases

a c 701 ) Power supply
a c 1119 V Motherboard
March 2, 2013 3:10:14 PM

Cooler Master HAF 932 or HAF X.
a b ) Power supply
a c 75 V Motherboard
March 2, 2013 6:15:04 PM

skip the 690. it will be a waste. id get a 7970 or the 670. they should be able to max out current games (crysis can still be played at ultra

do not get those chessy AIO coolers like the corsair h100. a heatsink is going to perform the same while being quieter

good case is a haf xm or a 500R. if you want silence, go with a define r4 but it doesnt support radiators very well
Related resources
March 3, 2013 6:52:45 AM

TheBigTroll said:
skip the 690. it will be a waste. id get a 7970 or the 670. they should be able to max out current games (crysis can still be played at ultra

do not get those chessy AIO coolers like the corsair h100. a heatsink is going to perform the same while being quieter

good case is a haf xm or a 500R. if you want silence, go with a define r4 but it doesnt support radiators very well

I already have the 690 I just want to buy a case that can fit it.
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2013 10:23:46 AM

Well I'm currently using a CM Storm Trooper and loving it. It's got room for everything and then some. However you didn't specify if you were looking for a mid tower or full tower. For a mid tower I'd recommend a Carbide 500R.
a b ) Power supply
a c 75 V Motherboard
March 3, 2013 11:39:30 AM

I personally go with a Fractal Arc MIDI R2 or a Define R4. they are both 100 dollars and are very good cases in terms of cabling space, ease of use, and build quality
March 4, 2013 6:30:32 AM

bouncedk said:
Well I'm currently using a CM Storm Trooper and loving it. It's got room for everything and then some. However you didn't specify if you were looking for a mid tower or full tower. For a mid tower I'd recommend a Carbide 500R.

Well yea, I need a full tower and I like the storm trooper and the other case I like is the Haf X. I think I'm going to go with the Storm trooper If I don't see any other suggestions.
March 4, 2013 7:46:23 AM

yordan159753 said:
Well yea, I need a full tower and I like the storm trooper and the other case I like is the Haf X. I think I'm going to go with the Storm trooper If I don't see any other suggestions.

I was stuck between the Thor V2 and the Storm Trooper, im choosing the the thor v2 simply because its cheaper and i dont like the huge red power led on the strom trooper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

I have a nephew with the case and have seen it in person and i do have to say it is really nice, he has an h100i in there and everything is pretty good
a b ) Power supply
a c 75 V Motherboard
March 4, 2013 9:55:56 AM

you dont need a full tower unless you are doing custom loops. otherwise its a waste of space and money
March 4, 2013 10:37:21 AM

TheBigTroll said:
you dont need a full tower unless you are doing custom loops. otherwise its a waste of space and money

Money is not that much of a concern for me and I would like to have more space so I can put more things in it in the future.
a b ) Power supply
a c 75 V Motherboard
March 4, 2013 11:55:44 AM

the biggest useable boards is the atx form factor, in which you already have. if you ever try xl-atx, it would be useless to you as they are meant for 4 way SLI (which is useless).

March 22, 2013 4:33:48 PM

the NZXT SWITCH 810 is a good full tower case with a 3x140mm/3x120mm radiator spot on top. and tis on sale with mail-in rebates
March 22, 2013 11:04:10 PM

The Thermaltake New Soprano Mid Tower is a great case.
March 23, 2013 8:11:07 AM

If money's really not a concern, I'd suggest you choose between NZXT's Switch 810 and Phantom 820/630. CM's HAF X is pretty good too. Those are big, look great and have some of the best air/water cooling support for mainstream cases.
March 26, 2013 1:35:44 PM

i have the same card and a big cpu cooller, plus i wanted additional future space. seems you want the same. coolermaster cosmos II is what i chose and it fulfils the demands
!