Reason for random system shutdown while gaming

freakout918

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I have just bought a corsair cx430v2...
after 3-4 days of its operation.. my system shutsdown at random time while gaming...
my core temps are 48C at max...
and GPU is 62C max
but still it shuts down and wont start for some time...

1.What i noticed was if i turn on the psu after this ... my processor fan , PSU fan and GPU fan.. keep turning on and off multiple times even when i havent touched the system power button on.
and it wont respond when i try to turn the system on...

2.also many times the psu and gpu turns on.. but the processor fan doesnt power up.... but i dont get any message on the screen regarding processor fan failure...
also the screen would dislpay no signal.... but i case led would light up...

3.I have checked the ram slots by turning the mobo on without inserting ram.. it beeps which tells me the ram slots are ok..

4.Another thing to note is that the system works properly for as long as possible when i am not gaming...

can anyone tell me which of the component is most probably causing this and how to test it...

NOTE: I recently upgraded my old system by inserting a new GPU, a new PSU and a new Case.
but i am using the old motherboard and processor...

SYSTEM SPECS:
processor: intel dual core e2180 @2.0ghz
motherboard: foxconn irvine motherboard
ram: 2gb ddr2 ram
graphics card: zotac nvidia GT630 1gb ddr5
power supply: CX430V2

Are all of your power connectors firmly seated into their corresponding power sockets?

Since you've changed to a new case I would suggest that you assemble and test the system outside of the case (i.e. breadboarding) to troubleshoot your problem. If you don't have the problem operating the system outside of the case then the case is what's introducing the problem.