Sign in with
Your question

Bios not showing full screen on 1920x1080

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 24, 2012 3:11:53 PM

Hi I upgraded from my 19" Acer (1440x900) to a 22" Acer (1920x1080) Monitor yesterday.

For some reason the splashscreen and BIOS show up centered with a big black border background. On my Monitor there is an option to either leave picture according to aspect ratio or full screen, It is currently set as full screen but still leaves the big black border and is being interpreted as 1920x1080 fromthe monitor info.

I read somewhere about editing some VESA something but I'm not clever to understand what it is exactly

The funny thing is that the OS loads up perfectly well, but the BIOS keeps showing in a smaller resolution.

Is there some way I can change this. I know it seems a small issue but it really annoys me, even the fact that the splash screen isn't shown fullscreen.

Any help is highly appreciated.

My Graphic Card is Nvidia Gainward Gtx 275
My Motherboard is Asus P6T Se
a c 358 U Graphics card
a c 195 C Monitor
August 24, 2012 3:41:00 PM

As far as I know that is typical.

I suppose you can edit the VESA file to add your new resolution, but how often do you go into the BIOS?
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 24, 2012 3:45:49 PM

I have that too. I wouldn't worry - it's your graphics card that does that. If it indeed stretched your BIOS screen across whole monitor, the text would be blurred and harder to read.
August 24, 2012 3:52:30 PM

jaguarskx said:
As far as I know that is typical.

I suppose you can edit the VESA file to add your new resolution, but how often do you go into the BIOS?

If you could provide any help regarding the vESA I would highly appriciate it since I need to see the splash screen each time I boot up
Related resources
!