Solved

Should I get the GTX 560 Non-TI or wait for the GTX 660 Non- TI?

I plan playing Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, Grand Theft Auto V, and other games.

I planned on getting a 7750 since it fitted my scenario, but my brother said he will buy me parts of a computer worth $200 :D
I planned getting the 7750 and an 18.5 inch monitor, but I saw the GTX 560 it was worth $200.
So should I stay with the 7750+Monitor combo, get the 560 or wait for the new GTX 660 non-ti?
BTW Will the GTX 560 burn a hole in my electricity bill?
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should wait
  1. Is the GTX 660 non ti worth waiting for?
    Will it have less wattage?
  2. why not a HD 7850 or HD 7870
  3. gtx 660 will probably be at a whole different price range than the 560, so I don't understand your rationale. Do you have a budget and a performance target or are you in a relationship with the Geforce GTX x60 cards?
  4. doron said:
    gtx 660 will probably be at a whole different price range than the 560, so I don't understand your rationale. Do you have a budget and a performance target or are you in a relationship with the Geforce GTX x60 cards?

$200

But the guy up there recommends a 7850, which I can afford, it's just Borderlands 2 with Physx looks so awesome, but is it worth buying an Nvidia over something that clearly is better?
  5. i would say wait until gtx 660 come out its nice gpu since nvidia giving the great performance as per years and keplar technology with gpu boost gaming wise my choice gtx 660 http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+560+Ti&gid=591&graphics=GeForce+GTX+660&checkSubmit=#system%20requirements
  6. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    HD 7750 or GTX 560 non-ti or GTX 660 non ti?
  7. Depends on how much you want Physx.

I personally rarely upgrade my computer (every 3-5 years) so I would get what's currently the best performance / dollar - For me, Physx won't do much if in 2 years the card is so weak to handle any new title. Besides, there aren't that many titles that support it, and for me the added eye candy is ridiculous so I don't really care about it.

It's up to you, but if you decide to get a GTX for Physx just make sure that it's strong enough and won't get crippled by this technology.
  8. doron said:
    Depends on how much you want Physx.

I personally rarely upgrade my computer (every 3-5 years) so I would get what's currently the best performance / dollar - For me, Physx won't do much if in 2 years the card is so weak to handle any new title. Besides, there aren't that many titles that support it, and for me the added eye candy is ridiculous so I don't really care about it.

It's up to you, but if you decide to get a GTX for Physx just make sure that it's strong enough and won't get crippled by this technology.

I am starting to realize that Borderlands 2 is the only one with Physx I'm playing, so I guess I'll go with the 7850, is the Power Color 2GB good enough? Same price for a 1GB EVGA GTX 560 SC.
  9. The HD 7850 just received a price cut to $200. You can find some 2GB model with excellent aftermarket heatsinks for $210 - 215, and there's a 1GB model for $185 after rebate.

If you really care about Physx then I suggest you get this card:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127565

I would personally pick the 7850 (28nm, faster, cooler, quieter, 2GB VRAM) over the rest, but if my budget was $200 and Physx was really really important to me then I would get the 560 Ti (that's basically its only advantage over the 7850).
  10. Best answer
    Using Physx in a lower end cards is as much useful as having V12 engine in a Smart car.
    You can get 7850 for $180 or 7870 for $230...so make your lunch at home for a week and get 7870 :)
  11. I would grab this one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125419

It's the cheapest one I found with an aftermarket cooler and 3 years warranty.
  12. Actually the 7870 price is really down thanks to the 660 Ti pushing it back. If you can wait a little, the 7850 is bound to get lower in price soon enough, or you can spend a little extra and get the 7870 (for around $239.99 after rebate) which is an amazing bargain for this price.
  13. doron said:
    The HD 7850 just received a price cut to $200. You can find some 2GB model with excellent aftermarket heatsinks for $210 - 215, and there's a 1GB model for $185 after rebate.

If you really care about Physx then I suggest you get this card:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127565

I would personally pick the 7850 (28nm, faster, cooler, quieter, 2GB VRAM) over the rest, but if my budget was $200 and Physx was really really important to me then I would get the 560 Ti (that's basically its only advantage over the 7850).

Made up my mind, 7850 it is, Physx is useless, is PowerColor okay ( I can't afford the other ones lol)
  14. Does anyone know how much this will put in my electricity bill? Not in the US but ours is roughly $59, and with the video card I'll be limiting my computer hours to 2hours.
  15. Yeah it's fine. Since it's using the stock cooling if it gets too loud you can either see if you're lucky and lower the card's voltage (if successful -> lower temp -> lower noise) or install aftermarket cooling down the road. Either way I say go for it.
  16. Should I get the ASUS version? The store only has PowerColor and ASUS. It has two cooling fans.
  17. Best answer selected by ModernKamikaze.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Battlefield Graphics Product