Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Concerning the "hygiene" of my C70 case, and how to maintain it.

Last response: in Components
March 2, 2013 4:25:28 PM

Hello, is it ok if I clean my case and its components (whiles its off ofc) with this: haowei electric blower
and if not, then how can I clean it in a safe way, given that they dnt sell canned air at were I live.
should I mention what cpu cooler I got or no need?
Thanks.
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 5:32:19 PM

Do you have access to an air compressor like a shop would have or a gas station ? That is what I use and it goes very quickly. I dont see any reason why you couldnt use that blower though.
m
l
March 2, 2013 5:37:31 PM

U mean like the ones they inflate tires with?
and what about this "static" sh** I seem to read over and over...?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 5:42:27 PM

yes like the ones they inflate tires with, some places have detachable nozzles. I wouldn't worry about that static. use some common sense like don't stand on carpet dont wear fleecy stuff and u should be ok. just make sure the heat isnt on on that blower. BTW where in the world do u live where compressed air is not sold ?
m
l
March 2, 2013 5:54:15 PM

Ok, so either take my reg to the gas station and use the "gun" like nozle to blow some air (no pun intended XD ) or just use the blower I have while standing on bare floor and ofc using it wisely, is that correct?
I live in saudi arabia, and no am not from there lol
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 5:58:36 PM

either or really man, whatever is more convenient for ya.
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 6:11:53 PM

next time you go to the gas station, have fun with the air compressor. those things generally have more blast than the stuff you buy instore
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:12:29 PM

I c! thanks a lot man, I was really worried that I might damage something in my computer....
I have a couple more questions regarding my C70 if u dnt mind that is :) 
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:14:02 PM

TheBigTroll said:
next time you go to the gas station, have fun with the air compressor. those things generally have more blast than the stuff you buy instore

I already know that ^_^, but I will be VERY and extremely cautious, although am gonna look weird and ppl right there will be wtf u doing XD
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:14:39 PM

Best answer selected by Gaia Guardian.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 6:15:58 PM

Gaia Guardian said:
I c! thanks a lot man, I was really worried that I might damage something in my computer....
I have a couple more questions regarding my C70 if u dnt mind that is :) 

what questions? ill be happy to answer
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:24:10 PM

TheBigTroll said:
what questions? ill be happy to answer

Should I make a new post thing? so I can give the best answer medal thingy? or no need?
plus I wanna know what is the static thing that blowing air can cause it, I dnt get it, just curious...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 6:27:11 PM

static electricity can be a problem if the air is super dry. to prevent build up, you just have to ground the thing. generally though, the board is already grounded to the case and in turn is touching the ground when you start the cleaning. shouldnt be a problem
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:44:05 PM

I c I c... thanks
ok, regarding my questions.
I have the following build:
CPU
Intel i5-3570k, Cooler Master V8, Asus P8 Z77-V Pro, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2x4g), Zotac GTX 680, Aerocool Strike X Advance 800 Silver, WD 1 TB Black, LiteOn DVD 24x, Corsair Vengeance C70

There are already 3 built in fans (the ones that came with the case I guess), so I was wondering are they enough? can I/should I add more? I can add upto 11 fans in total, should I add that much? and which way should I install them? 120mm vs 140mm?

I am thinking of overclocking my gpu too, so would adding fans help?
and lastly, how do I overclock it safely? (I have msi afterburn)

sorry for the tons of qstions lol, am that noob...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 6:53:34 PM

well to be fair, i wouldnt of gotten the c70 in the first place. its airflow is worse than a silence optimzed case like the corsair 550D.

teh included fans should be enough though. id suggest moving the fans so that one is on the bottom. removing the upper hard drive cage to reduce restriction, and putting the 2nd fan on the upper front mount to direct more air at the gpu. leave the fan in the back as is

to overclock kelper cards, id suggest moving the power target to the max, adding 125mhz onto the GPU speed from what it already is and you should get yourself a decent overclock
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 6:53:50 PM

test for stability using furmark or folding@home
m
l
March 2, 2013 7:04:58 PM

The reason I got that case is because I moved from time to time (almost weekly) to meet with friends and play 2gether, so its durable and easy to carry.

Regarding the overclock, would doing that increase its temp? and this should affect what exactly in my gaming, the fps? right?
as for testing, are those easy to use and free?

One last thing, why do ppl usually add more fans? and when should I consider doing that? or is it that they add more fans just for the "fun"?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 8:46:57 PM

Gaia Guardian said:
The reason I got that case is because I moved from time to time (almost weekly) to meet with friends and play 2gether, so its durable and easy to carry.

Regarding the overclock, would doing that increase its temp? and this should affect what exactly in my gaming, the fps? right?
as for testing, are those easy to use and free?

One last thing, why do ppl usually add more fans? and when should I consider doing that? or is it that they add more fans just for the "fun"?

overclocking the GPU will give you a couple more fps. not much of a deal though if you are already at 60 fps

yes they are free

people add more fans because it can help with temps. sometimes there is literally no effect (i can have 5 fans in my 550D and they wont do a thing compared to no fans) and sometimes there is a large effect (5-8c) really cant give an exact answer
m
l
March 3, 2013 10:57:12 AM

TheBigTroll said:
overclocking the GPU will give you a couple more fps. not much of a deal though if you are already at 60 fps

yes they are free

people add more fans because it can help with temps. sometimes there is literally no effect (i can have 5 fans in my 550D and they wont do a thing compared to no fans) and sometimes there is a large effect (5-8c) really cant give an exact answer

Thank u sooooo much :D , u really helped me understand more and more ^_^
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 3, 2013 11:38:04 AM

no problem
m
l
March 27, 2013 12:39:54 PM

Gaia Guardian said:

Thanks ^_^ , but I think I'll stick to the blower I (my dad) already have :) 

Seriously dude you should get the metro data vac ITS MADE FOR THAT, I have the c70 case and by the way our case does have good air flow. I checked out that blower you have(looked it up) and i think you would get much better results with the datavac. if you order it from ama### you can order a little hose with it for like $6 extra. works awesome and costs less than 6 or 7 cans of air!!!

m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 27, 2013 12:49:26 PM

gas station is free. nothing beats it
m
l
May 5, 2013 2:51:03 PM

be aware that air compressors that use a resevoir cause condensation within the tank and CAN lose that excess moisture THROUGH the nozzel. Well maintained it should lessen the risk but it still should be made aware of. The kind that compress as they are used (smaller hobby units) are no problem.

Doug
m
l
!