Dual monitor different sizes?

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Oh, my friend said the monitors had to be the exact same(down to SKU).

But will different sizes cause parts of the screen to blacken or be cut out? And how do i make it so games only use 1 monitor?

cmstormscouts

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Nice system. Yes man you video card can put out a 2560x1600/Per display. Try to use DVI if you have the cable and monitor can support it, you should have one on your video card. DVI have the highest resolution out of VGA/HDMI

cmstormscouts

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Dont listen to your idiot friend. I got a 15.6 inch HP monitor then a 21.5 acer monitor on my computer using a 1080P and 360P Resolution. It will auto use one monitor atlease you try to set the screen resolution higher then monitor then it will just be a dark black screen. What ever your main monitor is what your game will be on. You cant just hook up dual monitors. you will not see the other one. Hook the monitor up to the system video card. turn it back on. Then go to computer management > Device Manager > Monitors > Will say generic monitor, when you update it will say the name of it and the model

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

So I can have 2 different monitors and drag my mouse across/spread my desktop across, but for 3 or more they have to be the same?

You don't want to have two screens as one big desktop.

What you want is a MAIN screen, then an EXTENDED screen (but yes, your cursor will go from screen to screen). So on the main screen you'll see your normal desktop. When you launch a game it will simply run in the main screen and you can have a web browser or whatever you wish on the second screen.

Let's say you want to play a game with a website open:
1. Open your BROWSER
2. Drag to the Extended Monitor
3. Start the game

If you want more information on gaming, then you can read about Eyefinity:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/how-to/Pages/faqs.aspx

*You may find it better to disable the Extended screen while gaming if you don't require it but I don't have much experience with using two screens but I think I have the basics right. I did play around with adding my HDTV as a second screen and tried both with an HD5870, then a GTX680:
Screen#1 - 2560x1440
Screen#2 - 1360x768 (my HDTV via the PC-input)