Sign in with
Your question

Enabling Windows 7 DRC

Last response: in Windows 7
February 17, 2012 1:26:31 PM

Anyone out there know of a way of regaining the original Windows 7 DRC (Digital Room Correction) in lieu of realtek's crappy manual room correction.

I've searched around and haven't been able to find a solution (if there is one)...

Thanks in advance,
James

More about : enabling windows drc

February 17, 2012 2:53:30 PM

Well, shortly after my initial posting, I decided to once again attempt to uninstall the realtek drivers...To my amazement it actually worked this time; I can now run the automatic room correction!

I've fought with this for awhile now and I guess through the magical posting power of Tom's Hardware Forums, it actually fixed it! :D 

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2012 3:01:48 PM

Ths place can get you laid too, amazing site.
m
l
Related resources
February 17, 2012 3:14:17 PM

vrumor said:
Ths place can get you laid too, amazing site.

My wife's coming home from a week long business trip today, so I think you may be right! :D 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2012 3:23:22 PM

jgrove255 said:
Anyone out there know of a way of regaining the original Windows 7 DRC (Digital Room Correction) in lieu of realtek's crappy manual room correction.

I've searched around and haven't been able to find a solution (if there is one)...

Thanks in advance,
James

Those enhancements are provided by the sound card manufacturer and not Windows itself.
m
l
February 17, 2012 3:34:37 PM

danny2000 said:
Those enhancements are provided by the sound card manufacturer and not Windows itself.

I wondered about that (and have seen some similiar answers to postings), however upon inspecting the driver in Windows Device Manager, it now shows it as 'High Definition Audio Device' and the manufacturer as 'Microsoft.' I believe it showed up as Realtek before, but don't hold me to that...

As mentioned earlier, I only had the option to use Realtek's manual room calibration while its drivers were installed. Now that I've gotten rid of them, it has reverted back to the windows drivers and I now have the automatic DRC available (and works wonderfully, I might add).

Don't know why I had such a time getting rid of the realtek drivers, but I'm quite happy now!

Thanks for the reply!
James
m
l
!