Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I dont know wtf is going on

Last response: in Components
March 2, 2013 6:28:32 PM

Ok so I upgraded my computer it's and acer 3470g (bought at comp store in my town) i bought cause it was a good price and i figured id just upgrade it later i got my taxes and put a gpu hd6870 (bought from ebay) a lsp ultra 550w psu (bought from same comp store) and 2x8gb corsair vengeance ddr3 1600mhz (bought from newegg) sticks in it was running good for a while like a couple of days and then bam out of nowhere while playing games or running 3d tests and burn in test the whole system just crashes and restarts.
At first I thought I just had a bad gpu, however i completely unplugged it and the cpu fan then ran at full rpm and wouldnt even start up the power button would not respond. and then i thought it was my cpu, and again however i then made the computer stock to return it to the store for a refund, but i figured i have it stock the way i got it and might as well try to see how it runs now the stock specs are a psu 300w an amd a6 3620 2.2ghz integrated amd hd 6530 graphics card and 2x2 gb kingston ram in dont know the speed. these are the only 3 things that i changed out when i upgraded it.
So as you can see I am baffled so i did the nerd thing and ran my scientific experiments on it currently i tried the stock psu and no graphics card with 1 stick of the corsair vengeance ram ran a game and it ran fine then i tried 2 sticks 300w psu no graphics card and that ran fine and now currently i put the 550w psu in ran a game and it runs fine did some burn in tests and what not ive done alot of reading as to what can cause my computer to act this way and pretty much ive come down to psu or gpu those are the problems. so my next experiment would naturally have to be 1 stick 550w psu and no graphics card then 2 sticks and finally back to the full gpu psu and ram completely upgraded but before i stick the gpu in i wanted to know what your thoughts were on the matter before i *** something up real bad lol.
I'm just baffled and need your help! :pfff:  :heink:  :fou:  :whistle:  :cry:  :ouch: 

More about : dont wtf

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
March 2, 2013 6:50:31 PM

Could be a few things, but it's most likely to be a dodgey PSU I think.
Oddly, for a slightly iffy company, their supporting data seems actually quite solid and believable, if a little amateurish.
http://mail.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath...
360W should be sufficient for your system, but it's not a PSU that screams quality.
March 2, 2013 6:55:52 PM

Ultra is really inconsistent with the quality of their PSUs chances are it is running out of spec on one of the rails when you put a load on it. I would get it replaced under warranty, sell the replacement and buy even a CX600 or something off of Newegg.

Should have waited and built it from scratch when you had the proper funds it sounds like.
Related resources
March 2, 2013 7:49:41 PM

i hear that...ya i ran 2 sticks and the 550w and it ran fine i was just praying it would fail...ive got 30 days to return the gpu so ill try a diff psu and go from there i guess im just soooooooooo confused you know
March 2, 2013 8:24:45 PM

ok so i decided to get a different case for cooling and a corsair 750tx psu if the damn thing fails again its the damn gpu that is for certain? that is a question
and also should i keep the gpu out until i move everything over to the new case and psu?
March 2, 2013 8:34:07 PM

Best answer selected by mutiny.
!