Sign in with
Your question

Volume License for W7?

Last response: in Windows 7
February 17, 2012 1:50:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Purely for research purposes, does anybody know where i would be able to pick up volume licenses for Windows 7. Im talking 15+ licenses, from a legitimate company.

Chris.

More about : volume license

February 17, 2012 2:27:18 PM

Checked that site out originally but it seems the 'License Advisor' doesn't actually load. Meaning i wasn't able to get a quote or even look at prices.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2012 2:40:07 PM

iHolman said:
Checked that site out originally but it seems the 'License Advisor' doesn't actually load. Meaning i wasn't able to get a quote or even look at prices.

Works fine for me. Might wanna try again, or switch browsers. Volume licensing only comes from microsoft as far as I know.
February 17, 2012 3:19:44 PM

You won't find prices quoted online. You actually have to communicate w/ a MSFT rep.
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2012 3:47:19 PM

you need an MS partner to buy licenses from. find one local to you that offers a range of services that you might need in future and start that relationship with something simple like the volume license purchase.
February 17, 2012 4:09:45 PM

The company I work for goes through Softchoice.
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2012 4:17:03 PM

Hi :) 

Ms wont deal with you for only 15 licences...150 yes...

Your best bet is to talk to a retail seller...I assume you want OEM licences...they may give you a small discount...

All the best Brett :) 
March 30, 2012 9:47:39 PM

iHolman said:
Hi Guys,

Purely for research purposes, does anybody know where i would be able to pick up volume licenses for Windows 7. Im talking 15+ licenses, from a legitimate company.

Chris.

You can either purchase Windows Client Software Assurance (SA) or Windows Intune to upgrade to Windows 7 Enterprise. For small businesses, Windows Intune is most favored because as a Windows Intune customer, you are entitled to receive the following benefits and more while your subscriptions are active:

• Upgrade rights to Windows 7 Enterprise for all your PCs that are covered by Windows Intune, as long as they meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 7
• Access to download Volume Licensing media for Windows 7 Enterprise (and prior versions) and activation keys so that you can install the desired version of Windows on your PCs.

If you are upgrading from a previous operating system to Windows 7, you might find the W7 Upgrade path from TechNet helpful.

In addition to the upgrade rights provided via Windows Intune, you also receive PC management, endpoint protection, and more through a cloud based solution. You can even use Windows Intune for the task of quickly deploying software to the registered computers on your network.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro
The Springboard Series for Intune on TechNet

!