Sign in with
Your question

Using Cyberpower to build custom pc

Last response: in Systems
October 19, 2012 4:49:52 AM

Hi there, I just stumbled across this great website while trying to figure out how to set up this new computer of mine, so hopefully someone can give some advice as to what I might need or what I'm overspending on. I plan on using the new computer for gaming (BF3, TF2, WoW) and also music production (Ableton, FL Studio). Here are the details for how I've set it up so far :

BLUETOOTH: None
CARE1: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
CAS: Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FREEBIE_MB: None
FREEBIE_OS: None
FREEBIE_VC1: FREE Assassins Creed III Game Coupon [+0]
FREEBIE_VC2: FREE Borderlands2 Game Coupon [+0]
GLASSES: None
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (128GB Sandisk Sata III Boot Drive + 2TB Single Drive Only)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
MB_SRT: None
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory [+15] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+63]
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+145] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None

There it is! Unfortunately I'm pretty new to the world of computer parts so a lot of the jargon is over my head.
Sorry if my post is improper as well, I hope someone is able to help me out here :) 
October 19, 2012 8:11:26 AM

I would recommend building yourself for the parts are cheaper and there is a much nicer feeling of accomplishment.

Before you reply and say you can't, watch this video. Its quite long, but quite thorough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
m
l
October 19, 2012 8:30:55 AM

It looks doable, this is a great video. On top of that a close friend of mine recently just built his own so he'd be good in person help. If I decided to build my own, would it be best to order all parts from newegg? Approximately how much money would it save going this route? Also does my build so far have good parts or is it lacking anything? Thanks for the help.
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2012 10:17:54 AM

Newegg has pretty good prices and is the standard place to get components, though if you can find them cheaper there's no particular reason to buy from one place. My rig has components from 4 different sources.

How much you save will be hard to measure. Because as well as the cost of the components, you are also paying for them putting it together, warranty and shipping.
Then it also comes down to whether you consider your time has value.
But it will be cheaper to build it yourself, yes.

The parts you have in there are pretty good. Only thing I would change is the RAM to a 1600mhz kit and the liquid cooler to a 212 EVO.
m
l
October 19, 2012 11:06:33 AM

Newegg has a pretty good price point and is where I get almost all of my components. But as said above, with everything in life, if you can find it cheaper somewhere else, there's nothing holding you back.

I think I have....hmm....parts from 4 different places as well in my computer. 5 if you count other computers. Actually..I think 6. I have no idea. No its 7 for sure, since my H60 came from my friend for free.

You can save quite a bit or not much at all. It will be cheaper, and you will have much more of a feeling of accomplishment.

Mmm if this is for gaming, you can save money and go for the i5-3570K. It performs the same and you won't see any difference in FPS or processing power in terms of your programs.
m
l
!