Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which should I get?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
October 19, 2012 5:55:07 AM

So I had a samsung 830 128gb in the checkout and just couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't know if it's worth getting a ssd. I could put the money towards gaming performance( about 90% of what I use my rig for) by selling my hd 7870 for like $180-$200 and get a hd 7950. I know that it's a little weird to sell my 7870 that I just got 3 months ago. It's better load time vs better gaming performance I can't decide :pt1cable:  I think I'm leaning towards the 7950 but I've never had a ssd so I need a little help deciding. I'm on a very tight budget that's why this is a tough decision.

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: $120

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, some web browsing

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: gpu or ssd

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:

Parts Preferences: by brand or type

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: If I get extra money that's what I do :sol: 

More about : question

Best solution

October 19, 2012 6:03:05 AM

Get the ssd, the 7870 is still a good card, and if you wait like 4 months new amd graphics cards should be out, ssds are worth it for sure
a b B Homebuilt system
October 19, 2012 6:35:44 AM

If you want a new gpu save for the 8XXXs. SSDs are ok. Really if you have enough memory, use sleep mode, and don't play games with massive load times is rather Meh. FPS trumps a feeling of "snappiness" launching your email program or 10 seconds on boot, when you only do it once a month.

Really depends on your use. My work laptop could use one. in my gaming PC it's ok if you have the cash
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
October 19, 2012 7:06:40 AM

I'm happy with my 7870 and it would make more sense to wait for the new cards. Saving money and me don't get along so well so I have to get something ssd it is :D 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 19, 2012 7:07:28 AM

Best answer selected by strife_ff7.
m
l
!