Spray paint xbox360, can,t find spray primer anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

handakes

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
hi there,

i want to spray paint my xbox 360 slim, but i have a few (actually they are quite many) problems..

the first and worst of it is that i can't find some spray primer anywhere!..

where i live, the supplies are quite limited, and i got hold of some spray cans (acrylic) which are not even plastic specific..they do the job anyway..

but what i can't get over is finding a sprayed primer!..i did find some (painted) ones, but the instruction on the tin doesn't even specify which surface should it be applied to..and when i tested it, i couldn't lay it down evenly enough..should there be a specific type of primer for this or any will do?..cause i still can thin it down with some paint thinner and try again..

on the other hand, is primer that necessary?..i tried painting a keyboard (have similar plastic to my 360 slim) without it, and it came out descent. not great though..probably cause i needed to wait a while longer between coats (i waited like 3 minutes
in between coats, and i didn't have the right sand paper) ..it's just not that astonishing as i wished it to be (again, my haste may be the culprit here)..

opinions?..and thanks in advance :D

handakes

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
well, that was the first thing i asked about ..like i said, i couldn't find it where i live (Egypt) and unless i ship from amazon here (which would cost a fortune) i still need an answer to my questions..

thanks though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.