Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

TomTom Mobile on Nokia 6600 Voice Stutters Can Anyone Help..

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Mobile
  • Tomtom
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 5:11:32 AM

Hi
I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
a route. Can anyone help Please.

Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
can tell me please. Thank You.

More about : tomtom mobile nokia 6600 voice stutters

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 7:26:53 AM

"ZZTulL" <zz@tull.co> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
> great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
> the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
> I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
> If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
> a route. Can anyone help Please.
>
> Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
> can tell me please. Thank You.

I'm using tomtom on my 6600, that seems fine, it givs each voice instruction
twice,
the first on approach and then at the turn itself.

what do you mean by directory stucture on the MMC.?

The only problem I've got with it is that it comes installed on a 128mb MMC
when I really could do with it on a 256mb so I copied it over using a card
reader / writer
only to find the icon doesn't appear in the menu using the 256mb card.

I emailed tomtom who said they hadn't tried it on a secure digital card?????

no idea what question they were answering but it wasn't mine.

Karl.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 10:19:20 AM

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
My directory structure is like this:

e:\tomtom
e:\system\apps\ttmobile\
e:\great britain map

Can you tell me what files you have in your map directory
Thank you.

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 04:26:53 +0000 (UTC), "Shortfatbaldbloke"
<karl.newsome@orange.net> wrote:

>"ZZTulL" <zz@tull.co> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
>> great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
>> the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
>> I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
>> If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
>> a route. Can anyone help Please.
>>
>> Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
>> can tell me please. Thank You.
>
>I'm using tomtom on my 6600, that seems fine, it givs each voice instruction
>twice,
>the first on approach and then at the turn itself.
>
>what do you mean by directory stucture on the MMC.?
>
>The only problem I've got with it is that it comes installed on a 128mb MMC
> when I really could do with it on a 256mb so I copied it over using a card
>reader / writer
> only to find the icon doesn't appear in the menu using the 256mb card.
>
>I emailed tomtom who said they hadn't tried it on a secure digital card?????
>
>no idea what question they were answering but it wasn't mine.
>
>Karl.

Related resources
November 5, 2004 4:37:19 PM

Would TT on 6600 be suitable for cyclists? Small roads, if not tracks,
suppose would need some handlebar mounting. Any thoughts?

"ZZTulL" <zz@tull.co> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
> great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
> the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
> I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
> If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
> a route. Can anyone help Please.
>
> Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
> can tell me please. Thank You.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 8:13:35 PM

> Hi
> Thank you for your reply.
> My directory structure is like this:
>
> e:\tomtom
> e:\system\apps\ttmobile\
> e:\great britain map
>
> Can you tell me what files you have in your map directory
> Thank you.

My directory reads like this using FExplorer
E:
2577 (auto run.exe)
great Britain map (11 files totalling around 100mb)
tomtom (around 50 files chk and vif extensions)

Karl