TomTom Mobile on Nokia 6600 Voice Stutters Can Anyone Help..

Hi
I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
a route. Can anyone help Please.

Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
can tell me please. Thank You.
4 answers Last reply
More about tomtom mobile nokia 6600 voice stutters help

    "ZZTulL" <zz@tull.co> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
    > great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
    > the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
    > I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
    > If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
    > a route. Can anyone help Please.
    >
    > Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
    > can tell me please. Thank You.

    I'm using tomtom on my 6600, that seems fine, it givs each voice instruction
    twice,
    the first on approach and then at the turn itself.

    what do you mean by directory stucture on the MMC.?

    The only problem I've got with it is that it comes installed on a 128mb MMC
    when I really could do with it on a 256mb so I copied it over using a card
    reader / writer
    only to find the icon doesn't appear in the menu using the 256mb card.

    I emailed tomtom who said they hadn't tried it on a secure digital card?????

    no idea what question they were answering but it wasn't mine.

    Karl.

    Hi
    Thank you for your reply.
    My directory structure is like this:

    e:\tomtom
    e:\system\apps\ttmobile\
    e:\great britain map

    Can you tell me what files you have in your map directory
    Thank you.

    On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 04:26:53 +0000 (UTC), "Shortfatbaldbloke"
    <karl.newsome@orange.net> wrote:

    >"ZZTulL" <zz@tull.co> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> I have just installed TT Mobile on a Nokia 6600, everything is working
    >> great except for the voice, when you are using it on a route
    >> the voice stutters and repeats its self when it tells you to turn etc.
    >> I have tried other voices but it is still the same.
    >> If you just test the voice it works fine i'ts only when you use it on
    >> a route. Can anyone help Please.
    >>
    >> Also what is the directory structure on the Memory Card if anyone
    >> can tell me please. Thank You.
    >
    >I'm using tomtom on my 6600, that seems fine, it givs each voice instruction
    >twice,
    >the first on approach and then at the turn itself.
    >
    >what do you mean by directory stucture on the MMC.?
    >
    >The only problem I've got with it is that it comes installed on a 128mb MMC
    > when I really could do with it on a 256mb so I copied it over using a card
    >reader / writer
    > only to find the icon doesn't appear in the menu using the 256mb card.
    >
    >I emailed tomtom who said they hadn't tried it on a secure digital card?????
    >
    >no idea what question they were answering but it wasn't mine.
    >
    >Karl.

    Would TT on 6600 be suitable for cyclists? Small roads, if not tracks,
    suppose would need some handlebar mounting. Any thoughts?

    > Hi
    > Thank you for your reply.
    > My directory structure is like this:
    >
    > e:\tomtom
    > e:\system\apps\ttmobile\
    > e:\great britain map
    >
    > Can you tell me what files you have in your map directory
    > Thank you.

    My directory reads like this using FExplorer
    E:
    2577 (auto run.exe)
    great Britain map (11 files totalling around 100mb)
    tomtom (around 50 files chk and vif extensions)

    Karl

Nokia Mobile Tomtom