PCMCIA BOOT DISK

April 23, 2004 3:56:14 AM

Hi:
I have a toshiba notebook computer.
I have a pcmcia card install that have two
usb2 outputs. (the card bus is 32-bits)
One of the output I have go to a usb2 enclosure
with a hard drive in it.

My OS is Winxp.
I am using this external hard drive for my backup files.
In Winxp everything work fine.

What I need is a dos(or whatever) boot disk that can access the external
hard drive. Any ideas how I can find one?
Try doing a search on googles but no luck.
Not sure if a program call PCCardAccess will work or not.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you:
Ed

More about : pcmcia boot disk

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 23, 2004 5:43:11 PM

The only way you can boot to an external drive is if the BIOS allows
that..... (as in the boot drive selector order).

Certainly most of today's motherboard's have this feature in their BIOS, but
you don't tell us the model of your notebook or the age... it's only been a
recently added feature (about the last 18 months or so from what I've
noticed) so if it's not in the BIOS of your notebook, it isn't going to be
possible... at least from that PC.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com