Upgrading Aspire 5315 (Edited)

MadnessChi1d

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
[strike]So I want to upgrade my pc's CPU, the problem? I don't know what's compatible. The answer? Google->Notebook Review->Tom's Hardware!
I found a thread here that shows me a list of processors compatable with socket types (Mine is socket P) and chipsets (Intel GM 965). And I found some shiny options. And here's the clincher, I don't know the differince between celeron, core 2 duo/ quad/ extreme, etc.

Long story short I would like advice on which of these processors are better. <- See that, it's a period, that means no if's and's or asses, and make it snappy.

I'm liking the shiners on the Core 2 Quad, however this Extreme Has a better clock speed.

Or if you know something better from or off of the list that will work with an acer aspire 5315 with the mobile intel express 965 chipset, be my guest to suggest.

EDIT: Added Intel ARK comparison of products: ARK | Compare Intel Products[/strike]

I have found out based on a mixture of information, my motherboard is an Acer Acadia V1.45 {Mobile Intel 965GME Express Chipset}(Which I believe has to do with the BIOS version "Acer V1.45" The latest available from the acer support site. I have also learned that due to factors such as an FBS limit of 800 MHz I cannot use any of the above.
So my new choices are the T9500, the X9000 Which the X9000 is obviously the more powerful but at more than double the price of the T9500.