PC will not Boot, CPU fan spins and i hear a click, then it all stops then repea

Loredragon2

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hello,
I use this computer as a Media center it mostly just stores Movies, plays netflix and the like. I do from time to time play games on it but not too often. Woke up the other morning and it was off, its normally left on. Tryed to reboot it and it would not come up.

at this point i would press power i would see the CPU fan spin once and then nothing.

Thinking that i blew out the PSU ive tryed replaceing it.

at this point i would press power and the CPU fan would spin up i'd hear a click and then it would stop. this cycle repeats itself.

I've tryed, new / differant RAM, a known good PSU of larger wattage, reseating all wires cables, heat sinks and even the CPU and Mobo...

no change in what would happen when i hit the Mobo

Thanks,

Qtrmaster74

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Same thing happened to me. I replaced the CPU only to find out the MOBO had died. It would power spin the fan and then die. Going to an I7 seems overkill I would look at a higher end I5 get a lot of bang for your buck. Dont skimp on the MOBO it is IMHO the most critical of hardware and the place most people cut corners on in.