6230 software managment

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 5, 2004 10:11:25 AM

Hi
can anyone recommend any phone management software out there.
tries to install nokia pc suite with my 6230, but it did nothing but crash
the computer constantly, and was a total nightmare,

I have also download oxygen phone manager ver 2.5 trial, but this only gives
you half the available features because its a trial version. How do i know
if i am going to like the product if i cant use all the features, even if
its only for a couple of days, then you could make your mind up and purchase
the full version .

(could i also ask the people who are using the oxygen software, what
version were you able to use your dku-2 cable apart from version 2.5 ?)

If this is not the route to go down for me, is there any decent freeware out
there that could do a good job?

All the best

Thomas
November 5, 2004 10:38:05 AM

forgot to add,

i am looking to be able to manage my phonebooks, download mp3's to my phone,
etc, {logos,ringtones, etc, would keep the kids happy, with there phones
6230 phones if this was alsp a feature }

cheers
November 7, 2004 3:39:13 AM

Hi Tom.

> can anyone recommend any phone management software out there.
> tries to install nokia pc suite with my 6230, but it did nothing but crash
> the computer constantly, and was a total nightmare,

The PC Suite that came with my 6230 didn't work for me either (which was
version 6.1) but I downloaded the 6.4 version from the Nokia.com website and
that one works great for me (with my Bluetooth USB adapter for my PC). Maybe
give that one a try?

Good luck,
Jonathan
Related resources
November 7, 2004 3:39:14 AM

Thanks folks

Got ver 6.4, it all now works fine

cheers
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 1:19:32 PM

Using windows xp, Nokia PC SUite 6.2 works fine -avail from
www.nokiausa.com. You don't mention connectivty method or op systems
or firmware level. If using bluetooth there are some issues, so fixes
and some workarounds

"Tom" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote:

>forgot to add,
>
>i am looking to be able to manage my phonebooks, download mp3's to my phone,
>etc, {logos,ringtones, etc, would keep the kids happy, with there phones
>6230 phones if this was alsp a feature }
>
>cheers

November 7, 2004 1:19:33 PM

try wwww.newringtones.tk for free.
free wap downloads available.
Latest ringtones, polyphonic tones, real sound, coloured graphics,
wallpapers, java games, screensavers, phone videos, and many more
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 8:29:56 PM

Most of us seem to have trouble creating playlists with the version of
Nokia Audio manager shipped with 6.3 & 6.4 hence my suggestion that
you use 6.2. If you don't need playlists, 6.4 is fine and if anyone
knows how to get around this issue please advise.

"Tom" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks folks
>
>Got ver 6.4, it all now works fine
>
>cheers

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 10:51:15 AM

If you are talking about expense managment for multiple cell phones, I
have been using a software called checkwireless that works well. It
checks the vendors bill, and tracks all of the cell phones in the plan.
Their address is http://www.checkwireless.com/

--
John Delisi