6230 software managment

Hi
can anyone recommend any phone management software out there.
tries to install nokia pc suite with my 6230, but it did nothing but crash
the computer constantly, and was a total nightmare,

I have also download oxygen phone manager ver 2.5 trial, but this only gives
you half the available features because its a trial version. How do i know
if i am going to like the product if i cant use all the features, even if
its only for a couple of days, then you could make your mind up and purchase
the full version .

(could i also ask the people who are using the oxygen software, what
version were you able to use your dku-2 cable apart from version 2.5 ?)

If this is not the route to go down for me, is there any decent freeware out
there that could do a good job?

All the best

Thomas
7 answers Last reply
More about 6230 software managment

    forgot to add,

    i am looking to be able to manage my phonebooks, download mp3's to my phone,
    etc, {logos,ringtones, etc, would keep the kids happy, with there phones
    6230 phones if this was alsp a feature }

    cheers

    Hi Tom.

    > can anyone recommend any phone management software out there.
    > tries to install nokia pc suite with my 6230, but it did nothing but crash
    > the computer constantly, and was a total nightmare,

    The PC Suite that came with my 6230 didn't work for me either (which was
    version 6.1) but I downloaded the 6.4 version from the Nokia.com website and
    that one works great for me (with my Bluetooth USB adapter for my PC). Maybe
    give that one a try?

    Good luck,
    Jonathan

    Thanks folks

    Got ver 6.4, it all now works fine

    cheers

    Using windows xp, Nokia PC SUite 6.2 works fine -avail from
    www.nokiausa.com. You don't mention connectivty method or op systems
    or firmware level. If using bluetooth there are some issues, so fixes
    and some workarounds

    "Tom" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >forgot to add,
    >
    >i am looking to be able to manage my phonebooks, download mp3's to my phone,
    >etc, {logos,ringtones, etc, would keep the kids happy, with there phones
    >6230 phones if this was alsp a feature }
    >
    >cheers

    try wwww.newringtones.tk for free.
    free wap downloads available.
    Latest ringtones, polyphonic tones, real sound, coloured graphics,
    wallpapers, java games, screensavers, phone videos, and many more

    Most of us seem to have trouble creating playlists with the version of
    Nokia Audio manager shipped with 6.3 & 6.4 hence my suggestion that
    you use 6.2. If you don't need playlists, 6.4 is fine and if anyone
    knows how to get around this issue please advise.

    "Tom" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Thanks folks
    >
    >Got ver 6.4, it all now works fine
    >
    >cheers

    If you are talking about expense managment for multiple cell phones, I
    have been using a software called checkwireless that works well. It
    checks the vendors bill, and tracks all of the cell phones in the plan.
    Their address is http://www.checkwireless.com/

    --
    John Delisi

Nokia Software