Higher then normal CPU Loads even with no apps running

cpuken

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I've noticed when I first boot up my new system (6 core AMD Processor, Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 motherboard, 8 GB ram) that things look normal to me. I typically launch the Core Temp program to monitor the temp of the GPU as well as the load. Prior to launching any applications the GPU loads seem normal with just the Windows background apps & OS doing their thing. After several hours I may decided to close all running applications and I would expect the GPU loads to go back to their initial levels but they don't. The GPU loads may be running as high as 60-70% even after I've closed all the applications I've been running. I don't think this is normal. I've checked with task manager and I don't see anything out of the ordinary there. Maybe it is a Core Temp Error or is there something else going on?
Any ideas?
Should I go by the Task Manager CPU usage numbers and not use Core Temp?
Is there a better CPU usage widget out there that is more accurate. I will say things do feel a little sluggish so I'm inclined to think something is sucking up some cycles.
thanks
Ken

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you had TM set to show all processes and sorted from most to least in the CPU column and nothing is shown sucking up clock cycles even though CTmp shows heavy usage, you may want to run a FULL virus scan. I would even run a Malwarebytes' full scan as well.

But also be sure your PC isn't just 'garbaged up' with junk files and registry errors. Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry both.