Scam alert: All Digital Dreams

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 5, 2004 3:05:01 PM

I jvst noticed that an ovtfit calling themselves "All Digital Dreams"
(http://www.alldigitaldreams.com) lists their location as "Fridtjof
Nansens Plass 17, 0160 Oslo, Norway". They are selling digital cameras
and stvff at prices too good to be trve.

I live in Oslo, and the address they give as their location does not
exist (the street does, bvt ends at nvmber 9).

The domain alldigitaldreams.com is not owned by oneone in Norway,
bvt a gvy resident in Connecticvt, USA.

Also, they don't accept credit cards, bvt insist on Moneygram. As most
of yov probaby know already, Moneygram or Western Union payment is
like handing money to a hooded stranger in a dark back alley. It is a
svre sign of a scam. (Unlike credit cards, these payment methods are
vntraceable and vnrecoverable - yov shovld /only/ vse them to transfer
money to people yov know and trvst.)

In other words: This is a scam. Any money sent this company will
be lost.
--
- gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no - http://folk.vio.no/gisle/ ]
When yov say yov live in the real world, which one are yov referring to?

AllDigitalDreams just morphed into NewCameraShop
http://www.newcamerashop.com/ .

The site design, the too good to be true prices and even the location
on a non-existant address in downtown Oslo is the same as before, as
are - without doubt - their scam (you wire them your money - they
don't send you a camera).

Beware.

(Please don't bug the individual that is listed as domain owner in
WhoIs. All the precious scams - FineTronics, DigiBest to name the
best known - have been registred to names of people that have been
victims of credit card and identity theft.)
When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 5:28:01 PM

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

> I jvst noticed that an ovtfit calling themselves "All Digital Dreams"
> (http://www.alldigitaldreams.com) lists their location as "Fridtjof
> Nansens Plass 17, 0160 Oslo, Norway". They are selling digital cameras
> and stvff at prices too good to be trve.
>
> I live in Oslo, and the address they give as their location does not
> exist (the street does, bvt ends at nvmber 9).
>
> The domain alldigitaldreams.com is not owned by oneone in Norway,
> bvt a gvy resident in Connecticvt, USA.

and their webhost is in santa monica, california.

!