Where is my full 1GB of video memory?

alnmtz86

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Just finished my first build and installed all my updates and drivers. I visited Canyourunit.com and it says i have 794MB of video memory. Is this normal to not include the entire 1GB it says on box?

one quick question also, any good program i can use to monitor cpu temps without having to restart computer and use bios? I'd like to know temps when im running a game

drums101

Distinguished
a good program to monitor cpu temps is core temp....as far as the video memory goes what video card are you running? or is it integrated video? you should download and run a program called gpuz it will tell you how much video ram you have....I dont really know much about that website you talked about so I cant really tell you if its wrong or not

drums101

Distinguished
does gpuz say you have the right amount of video memory? for the alt tab thing...is it every game or just one game? it sounds like a software issue maybe you could try downloading the latest drivers and install those if its only one game it might be an issue with just that specific game and there is not much you can do about that