Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Will my new Asus GTX670 run with this PSU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 25, 2012 6:27:33 AM

Hi guys. I just got an ASUS GTX 670 (DC2-2GD5, the non overclocked version) and I would like to know if can just run it with my actual PowerCooler 550W PSU (details below). I use all my HW at standard clocks and do not overclock anything


+3.3V@28A, +5V@36A, +12V1@20A, +12V2@18A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A





Thanks!

More about : asus gtx670 run psu

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 25, 2012 7:47:24 AM

I wouldn't trust it, I doubt it can even output 550W.
Score
0
Related resources
August 25, 2012 8:56:59 AM

i bought 500w fortron but now i see that its too low, so i will make a new case and there for future proofing i will buy coolermaster silent pro m2 1000Watt. when i played with psu calculator i got 2 gtx 690/3gtx 680/670 power usage of 760-780 Watt per system, so you see its quite safe and its costs 152eur where i live
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.js...

unless you intend to go watercooling cause of 3way/4way sli/crossfire i dont think you would need more than 1k psu ever

best
revro
Score
0

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
August 25, 2012 11:53:54 AM

s3v3r3s said:
Hi guys. I just got an ASUS GTX 670 (DC2-2GD5, the non overclocked version) and I would like to know if can just run it with my actual PowerCooler 550W PSU (details below). I use all my HW at standard clocks and do not overclock anything


+3.3V@28A, +5V@36A, +12V1@20A, +12V2@18A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A





Thanks!

Your power supply is crap, I wouldn't it use, but the number on the label is fine and it would probably work ( got enough native connector's ? )
Nvidia reccomends a minimum 500 watt, based partly on the fact that many people use crap power supplies
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...

Guru of 3D reccomends 550 watts, thier overclocked watercoooled I7-965 / X58 based system draws 293 watts while running a game like application
http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-geforce-gtx-670-dire...

No, you don't need 650 watts or better

Share
August 25, 2012 5:08:10 PM

delluser1 said:
Your power supply is crap, I wouldn't it use, but the number on the label is fine and it would probably work ( got enough native connector's ? )
Nvidia reccomends a minimum 500 watt, based partly on the fact that many people use crap power supplies
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt...

Guru of 3D reccomends 550 watts, thier overclocked watercoooled I7-965 / X58 based system draws 293 watts while running a game like application
http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-geforce-gtx-670-dire...

No, you don't need 650 watts or better






I got just one PCI-E native connector. The other one must be converted from Molex. Is there any problem with that?
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
August 25, 2012 5:18:15 PM

s3v3r3s said:
I got just one PCI-E native connector. The other one must be converted from Molex. Is there any problem with that?



I would highly suggest not using a molex to pci-e converter on a high end card.
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 26, 2012 1:02:38 AM

Molex=bad choice with high end cards.

On low end it should be perfectly fine.
Score
0
September 2, 2012 1:56:06 AM

Best answer selected by s3v3r3s.
Score
0
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
September 2, 2012 9:23:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!