Can you run a 7.1 channel headset on a 8 channel sound card

Dilly1O

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Can you run a 7.1 channel headset on a 8 channel intergrated sound card. I dont know much about sound cards so If this is a really stupid questions, I apoligizes. Thanks for any supplies

Solution

As long as you have the right plugs the speakers will work on the soundcard. It just means you wont use all the plugs on the card

The headset is great as long as you do not use the newer drivers, including the ones on the disc that come with any G35s manufactured over the past year or so. If you use the older drivers its great, but the newer ones are pathetic.
99% of the reviews people leave on shopping sites about it being bad are people using the newer drivers. NONE of the problems they list happen with the old drivers. I use driver version 1.00.152 and have had ZERO issues.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Not necessarily. The majority of 7.1 headsets ARE indeed USB, such as the G35 I own, however there are some top-end headsets out there with dedicated speakers that connect by multiple 3.5mm jacks, such as the Tritton AX Pro and the Razer Tiamat.

Right! I was on the "majority side". :) Too sad, he didn't post the model.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

As long as you have the right plugs the speakers will work on the soundcard. It just means you wont use all the plugs on the card

The headset is great as long as you do not use the newer drivers, including the ones on the disc that come with any G35s manufactured over the past year or so. If you use the older drivers its great, but the newer ones are pathetic.
99% of the reviews people leave on shopping sites about it being bad are people using the newer drivers. NONE of the problems they list happen with the old drivers. I use driver version 1.00.152 and have had ZERO issues.

Solution