Sign in with
Your question

One Beep, Drives Spinning, No VGA Detected

Last response: in Systems
October 20, 2012 3:37:57 AM

Please help. I am at my wits end with this computer I just built and I have no idea what to do. My drives are spinning, I get one beep on startup, the computer has booted successfully but no vga is detected. I've plugged an HDMI cable into both my GPU and mobo and a VGA cable into my motherboard. How do I fix this?

Specs:
i7 3770K
ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooler Master V6
ASUS 660ti TOPCU II
Plextor 64GB SSD
WD 1TB Caviar Black
Ripjaws X 1600C9D
Seasonic X750 Gold
SLI EVGA 660ti Superclocked
ASUS VE278Q

Thanks
October 20, 2012 5:54:26 AM

Is your GPU seated correctly in the PCI-E slot? If it is, maybe you should try flashing the bios on your GPU.
m
l
October 20, 2012 1:13:00 PM

I actually ended getting it up and running on my tv. Something was wrong with the connection to my monitor. I just tried to install windows 7 64bit home premium and just a little ways into it I'm getting the error:

Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

I have no idea what to do about this.
Thanks
m
l
October 20, 2012 1:21:30 PM

I believe it has to do with your SATA controller. Try and put the optical drive onto the intel controller. I am not sure which one that is on your board, but it should say in the instructions, but if not, try other sata ports.
m
l
Related resources
!