Distinguished
So here is my system:

CPU- FX-8120 oc'd to 4.5ghz
GPU- GTX 670 msi power edition
RAM- 2x4gb 1333mhz
mobo- GA-970a-UD3
PSU- 850w corsair enthusiast series
HDD- Caviar Black 1tb

OK so im getting not amazing frames in bf3 and with strange choppiness even at 50-60 i have 100 dollars to spend and i was wondering if there was any upgrade i can make maybe with the hdd or ram etc. etc.

Thank you in advance!

Was more thinking the memory bus than amount of VRAM, but it seems this isn't the issue.

I'm stumped.
If the problem is specific to BF3, then it just may be bad optimization for your AMD CPU (which is strange, BF3 is one of the better titles for taking advantage of multiple cores).

Its debatable whether its even a true 8-core.
Typical definition of a core requires its own L2/L3 cache (forgot which), Bulldozer modules (Two cores) share a single cache.
And Bulldozer is also notoriously weak (compared to Intel and previous Phenom Chips) in single-threaded performance, which despite the Frostbyte engines ability to use multiple threads, is still a big decider in performance.
Bulldozer is most useful when you need multi-threaded performance (so computing, video editing) on a budget.

Though despite all that, I don't think an overclocked 8120 would bottleneck BF3.

maybe it's EA's Origin ? maybe it's your internet connection ?maybe it's malware ? maybe you need to clean up the HD ? maybe, maybe, maybe.... ????? maybe there are programs on your machine that like to auto update themselves.... windows/anti virus/malware software/driver updates/maybe you have too many apps open ? maybe it's insta chat or whatever program you use. ??? save your money. use an e-mail notifier ? ding-ding----- i'm eating up your resources...... e-i-e-i-o

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

in english please

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

yeah i dont know but im having the exact same issue as the guy in the thread i sent to you

Oh, and hey i just remembered I know you manofchalk... I talked to you alot when you first joined i joined or really started posting around the same time... dang thee ranked up fast! XD

never see you though... what kind of threads you get into now? I stick with the problems like no boot or something

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

yeah, im not sure i was thinking about a external harddrive because i like to record videos but it really stressest the hdd, also the windows live index gives my hdd a 5.9 for data transfer if that means anything

Windows Experience Index will give 5.9 to any HDD, its not exactly the best bench-marking tool out there.
Would get another internal drive before external. More space and faster read/writes (which is important if you are recording a large resolution @ a decent FPS).

Think Swifty may have been suggesting your problem is software based, which is also what I am leaning towards as well. Might just be BF3 doesn't like AMD systems.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
For 100, you could buy 180 gigs of ssds. To be fair, this is by getting 3 60 gig last gen ssd's, but in shear price/capacity this can't be beat. For a more reasonable solution you could get a current 120 gig ssd, or for $30 more, a 240 gig one.
60 gigs $29
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227811&name=Internal-SSD

120 gigs $99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227726&name=Internal-SSD

240 gigs $230 (after $20 mir)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227552&name=Internal-SSD