Sign in with
Your question

Computer screen going black, sound looping

Last response: in Components
March 3, 2013 7:08:17 PM

The computer stays on, but there's no monitor display, and the sound goes screwy leading me to believe it's crashing. Imagine a blue screen of death with no error message and instead of blue its black.

Started happening when I launched SC2 after a long break, got to the login screen and the issue happened. It's been occurring on random instances when I attempt to play a game, and sometimes when I try to load youtube videos. It forces me to hard reboot, and sometimes it doesn't make it to the login screen of my computer without going black again.

Most times I'm able to browse the internet, use skype, and do all that without issue. It's a lot less prevalent in safe mode, but it has happened once or twice in there too.

I've checked my comp temps and nothing seems to go above 40C, so I don't think it's an overheating issue. I'm using an ASUS NVidia GeForce 550 TI Factory Overclocked, with an AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core processor. Windows Vista 32 bit. The video card and power supply is a few months old, I bought it and it was working fine up until just a couple days ago.
July 27, 2013 6:17:33 PM

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same exact thing and don't want to buy the wrong part to fix it.

Calistilaigh said:
The computer stays on, but there's no monitor display, and the sound goes screwy leading me to believe it's crashing. Imagine a blue screen of death with no error message and instead of blue its black.

Started happening when I launched SC2 after a long break, got to the login screen and the issue happened. It's been occurring on random instances when I attempt to play a game, and sometimes when I try to load youtube videos. It forces me to hard reboot, and sometimes it doesn't make it to the login screen of my computer without going black again.

Most times I'm able to browse the internet, use skype, and do all that without issue. It's a lot less prevalent in safe mode, but it has happened once or twice in there too.

I've checked my comp temps and nothing seems to go above 40C, so I don't think it's an overheating issue. I'm using an ASUS NVidia GeForce 550 TI Factory Overclocked, with an AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core processor. Windows Vista 32 bit. The video card and power supply is a few months old, I bought it and it was working fine up until just a couple days ago.

m
l
!